Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fork Reflector Removal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 02:42 PM
GBeck
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by K9pusher
I used a heat gun and then pulled it off. Then I used goo gone to clean up the residual glue.
Beware using a heat gun. While it shouldn't hurt your chrome, you'll definitely remove paint once you decide to get the ones on the back fender! The hair dryer and Stren fishing line work well, oh yeah, and a bit of patience!

Old 07-05-2009, 02:55 PM
spiritwarrior
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't get it. If you ride your bike at night, why would you not want reflectors on it? Maybe someone needs to sell a velcro collared set that you can wrap velcro around tight a night with velcro, and take off so you can look "cool" the next day.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:03 PM
GBeck
Tourer

Originally Posted by spiritwarrior
I don't get it. If you ride your bike at night, why would you not want reflectors on it? Maybe someone needs to sell a velcro collared set that you can wrap velcro around tight a night with velcro, and take off so you can look "cool" the next day.
Man, those reflectors cut down on the cool factor so much! I had to add baseball cards to the spokes to get that "cool" chopper sound.

Here's a great quote I heard from a blue hair after a successful crash sequence (A.K.A. t-boning), "I stopped when I saw the flash of bright orange on your vest!" Had she NOT seen me she would not have stopped in the center of my lane! Or so she said. Your best defense is adjusting your headlamps as high as legally allowed so cage drivers are "annoyed" by your presence. I also swapped my rear taillight for the 20 LED HD replacement for more visibility.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Now aren't you glad the military is keeping you safe?

Ps.... CW3, US Army.... 22 yrs and counting... might only be seeing 24.... getting tired of stupid ****..

Old 07-05-2009, 03:20 PM
GBeck
Tourer

Originally Posted by Airborne350G
Now aren't you glad the military is keeping you safe?

Ps.... CW3, US Army.... 22 yrs and counting... might only be seeing 24.... getting tired of stupid ****..

Thanks for putting up with the obvious, but think about what's out there first! We have job security as long as Obama doesn't pink all of us!

Old 07-05-2009, 03:25 PM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Believe me I have. I was offered a six figure job the last time I was TDY in the DC area. But as you know it all depends on where my branch manager wants to send me next. Hell I only came in for one term... LOL

Old 07-05-2009, 08:59 PM
K9pusher
Tourer

Originally Posted by GBeck
Beware using a heat gun. While it shouldn't hurt your chrome, you'll definitely remove paint once you decide to get the ones on the back fender! The hair dryer and Stren fishing line work well, oh yeah, and a bit of patience!
I've used heatguns to remove reflectors on bikes and decals, side moldings on cars for years. I've never taken paint off once. If you pull paint using a heatgun then your either sitting in one area way too long or your paintjob sucks.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:52 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by spiritwarrior

If they can't see my lights and chrome, what makes you think they are going to see the reflectors. Cagers are dumb and we have to drive defensively no matter what we do for visibility. I have a full size SUV and I still get people that don't see that 6500lb beast and pull out in front of me or cut me off!

Old 07-06-2009, 04:39 AM
spiritwarrior
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the idea about the 20 Led tail light. I think I will get one.

Old 11-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Recuraz
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just used an old driver license. Started from the bottom and worked my way up. Took off the adhesive too. Cleaned it up with Goo-Gone and it looks great. Thanks for the tips.

Quick Reply: Fork Reflector Removal?