Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Handlebar risers on FXDC?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009 | 02:54 AM
yk.hd
|
Road Captain
Question Handlebar risers on FXDC?

So I'm looking for a set of handlebar risers for my new FXDC. I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with this; I want to keep my stock bars for now, but I want them to be about 2 inches higher and about 1 inch closer to me. After being on the bike for about 3 hours today, I found that I was stretching a little.

Since I have a little store credit left over, I'd like to try and keep the risers HD branded... so I looked online and found the following:

Slotted Handlebar Riser Kit

These forged aluminum risers sweep back in a gentle curve to place a 1" handlebar in a comfortable riding position. The mirror-chrome finish adds a brilliant touch, and the slotted design complements billet mirror stems and slotted hand control levers.

56296-05

Fits '99-'05 FXDL, FXDWG and '00-later SoftailŽ models (except SpringerŽ, FXCW/C, FXSTB, FLSTC, FLSTSB and '07-later FLSTF). FXSTD models require separate purchase of (2) Spacer P/N 6740.

MSRP CDN $175.95

Chrome Handlebar Riser Kits

These chrome-plated Risers provide a comfortable riding position for those who like the shape, width, and hand position of their current handlebar, but wish it was a closer. For an ergonomically-friendly ride, these risers can be combined with a Harley-DavidsonŽ Reach seat and ProfileŽ Low suspension components to reduce arm stretch and to plant the feet firmly on the ground. Finish off the look with a Harley-DavidsonŽ decorative handlebar clamp kit.

56066-82A

4'' Curved Risers (pair)

Fits most 1'' handlebars. Does not fit SpringerŽ models. Installation may require separate purchase of handlebar clamp. Installation also may affect fitment of handlebar-mounted instruments.

MSRP CDN $161.95

Deluxe Pullback Riser and Clamp Kit

Inspired by the SoftailŽ Deluxe model, these curved pullback risers and matching handlebar clamp add a custom look to your bike. The chrome riser kit is a direct replacement for the aluminum curved risers found on SoftailŽ Standard and DynaŽ Low RiderŽ models.

56290-05

Fits '97-later FXST and FXSTC and '97-'05 FXDL models with stock or accessory 1" dia. handlebars. Does not fit with Road Tech™ Electronic Compass Kit.

MSRP CDN $214.95

I just don't know the diameter of the stock handlebars, or which of these kits would suit my needs best. Does anybody have any experience with these?

Cheers!

Old 07-04-2009 | 04:27 AM
Tele00
Tourer

These work GREAT . They are available in 1/2 ", 1" and 1.5" rise. they work perfectly with the lower portion of your handlebar clamp assembly. You would want the 1.5 " rise and the one for 1" ida. bars fit your application perfectly. I have them on mine You will just need to get longer Bolts . Yhe bars would be a bit closer to you because of the angle .
https://www.axiomcycles.com/pages/it...temsection=153

I bought mine from these guys and as you will see there are a lot of variations .I bought part # 0602-0197

http://shop.alljet.com/shop/productd...ovello%20riser

Last edited by Tele00; 07-04-2009 at 04:36 AM.
Old 07-04-2009 | 08:29 AM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member

if you just want a riser, you can make them out of Aluminum stock, then just polish them.

I'd save the HD credit for something else as you can get risers much cheaper from the aftermarket.

I made the 3" risers under my pullbacks...by the way, the pullbacks were only $35 at www.KCINT.com

Old 07-04-2009 | 09:56 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member

Stock bars are 1", but don't waste your store credit on waaaayyy over priced riser kits. (just noticed CDN.... sorry, you guys get gouged) Go aftermarket as has already been advised. I think a set of curved 4" would do you just fine.

Old 07-04-2009 | 10:05 AM
ZeroFiveFour
Road Warrior

Go to ebay and type in "harley risers", with the height of your choice.

ie: Harley 3.5 risers,

I got my 3.5 inch risers for about 40 bucks US.

If you have a stock fxdc, then you should have 1 inch diameter bars.

I agree with not spending money on the harley risers, which are rediculously overpriced.

Cheers,

Tom

Old 07-04-2009 | 10:07 AM
883 IRON
Tourer

I owned my SGC since end of Feb. I noticed that it would be a tad nicer if the bars were back and up alittle for me too. But, I wanted to get a few more miles under my belt before I made my decision. Now with over 4K on her I think it is time, I notice just a tinge of arm fatigue after I've been on the scoot over an hour or so. I rode a buddies Road King yesterday and first thing I noticed was the bars were up and back further than the SG. Much much better for me, it made the difference and now I know it will need a riser/pullback. I'm 5-11 and have a mustang solo and forwards.

Old 07-04-2009 | 10:36 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member

Hundreds of combinations to be had, between bars and risers..

Here she is stock:

Then with StreetBob takeoffs:

Finally the fat mini apes:

Old 07-04-2009 | 11:18 AM
ozzy2800
Cruiser

I bought some after market 3" risers for $100 bucks www.phatperformanceparts.com and it did the trick perfect. No adjustments to the cables were required at all. You can get away with the 4" risers with out replacing anything but I read on here a lot of guys had to bend their brake line to do it. The stock riser is 1" so replacing it with the 3" riser really only gives you an extra 2". Even though it isn't a curved back riser the bars to come closer to you. FYI I have a 09 FXDC and I'm a touch under 5'9". Hope this helps.

Old 07-04-2009 | 11:34 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by ozzy2800
......The stock riser is 1" so replacing it with the 3" riser really only gives you an extra 2". ......
On the FXDC, stock risers place the center of your bar 2" above the triple tree.... '2" riser'.

Old 07-04-2009 | 03:33 PM
yk.hd
|
Road Captain

Thanks for all the help! This site is awesome!

archergodwin; I'm loving the look of those street bob take-offs! I didn't even think about doing something like that... Hmmm... What'd those set you back if you don't mind me asking...

Quick Reply: Handlebar risers on FXDC?