Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob cramped leg problem solved !

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 07:36 AM
YourOldDog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Bob cramped leg problem solved !

Got some good news and bad news here. Just put on my new Tall Boy seat and it really solved my cramped leg problems. That's the good news. The bad news is that the others who have installed the same seat and said it was butt ugly weren't lying It looks like a lounge chair drapped over the bike. Too bad they had to make it wider and not just set back a bit. Tall Boy and Lard *** are two different problems! I go 275 and I know damn well a 375 pounder would still get lost on that seat. I can actually move around on it like I would our Lazy Boy recliner in the living room. BUT, having said that, it's really nice to be able to lower your legs when you get to a red light and not be fighting stoved and cramped legs.

BTW, someone here some time back said the Tall Boy solved their wind buffetting on the chin problem. It did not work for me. I'm still getting hit so bad with wind buffetting I am getting double vision and that's no joke. I have clear air about mid-helmet to a foot above my helmet with my touring windshield but the wind sneaks in and up from the position of my knees and the gas tank. I'm going to work on that problem with a crash bar and mounting deflectors on it to see if that helps.

I don't want to be a wuss here about the wind problem but I live in the country and would like to have just enough vision to see deer getting ready to cross the road in front of me. I've already hit one cow in my life while on a Honda years ago but that's a story for another day.

Last edited by YourOldDog; 07-02-2009 at 07:40 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:43 AM
dyna07custom
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I put a windshield bag on and it cut some of the buffetting from the fork

Old 07-02-2009, 09:33 AM
spiritwarrior
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Try a tool bag mounted below the windshield, others are swearing that the Windvest does not have this problem as bad as the Harley detachable does. I will have a new Windvest in a few days and let you know.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:44 AM
Kevin's_09FXDF
Road Captain

no pics no seat

Old 07-02-2009, 12:53 PM
expolice
Intermediate

to address the wind buffetting, check out "Jacks Flaps" at http://www.jacksflaps.com/info.html

It supposed to help direct the wind around/away from your face.