Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first HD and what passanger seat to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 01:58 AM
justguth
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Thanks

I appreciate the thanks from all of you.

I just can't wait to get home and ride the damn thing! I sometimes fall asleep looking at it at night because it's my screen saver.

What a looser.........

Old 07-02-2009, 02:24 AM
justguth
Cruiser
Default I likes....

2007fxdc,

Your bike is sick! I really want to put some wheels on it as well. The look of your single seat is the look I want.

I'm only 5'8", so I better wait until I sit on the bike to see how I line up to the forward controls.

Thanks for the for the tips everyone.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:17 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks man. If that's the look you want, then I certainly recommend not going out and finding a matching pillion for your stock solo seat. Concentrate on finding a 2-up seat that fits and is comfortable and don't worry too much about how it looks because you'll probably never be happy with it if you like the low profile solo look. Then, for your solo, find another seat that you like the looks and comfort of. My Lepera really doesn't move you back too much over stock but it doesn't hold you in place as much as a bigger seat either (I like that part being 6'4"). I imagine, if you keep the mid controls, you would find that it fits nicely for you at your height.

Wheels are very expensive for what you get. Mine are used super glide standard wheels that were sent off and chromed. Much less expensive than buying chrome aftermarket wheels but options are more limited. I like them but, if you are looking for something a little wilder, it'll probably cost you a couple of grand just for aftermarket wheels and all the little things that go along with them.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:39 AM
spiritwarrior
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had to make the same decision last year. Pillion was ugly and stock seat was harder than hell. Some folks on here swear by the Butty buddy pillion. It comes on and off quicky and is very comfortable to the womens butt. I put a Sundowner seat on my bike. While it is not pretty, it grows on you and is so comfortable for rider and passenger. Of all the other seats, it seems like many people prefer the Mustang two up series.
Good luck, welcome back.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:45 AM
justguth
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 2007fxdc
I imagine, if you keep the mid controls, you would find that it fits nicely for you at your height.
I really like the look of the forward controls on my bike and want to be able to stretch out my legs. I haven't gotten to sit on my bike yet, so that's why I'm hesitant to order the seat.

I guess I will just have to wait which is torture to me. The military over the years has made me a pretty impatient individual.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:55 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

At 5'8", forwards will be stretch enough. The barebones kind of lets you sit where you want. But, like I said, it doesn't do much to keep you from sliding back. I like that about it but you may not. There are a lot of seat options out there. I'd keep options open on the solo though and go out and get a comfy 2-up seat if I were you. The sundowner is comfortable and wouldn't hurt you as far as reaching the pegs. But, man, in my opinion, it destroys the look of a dyna.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:52 AM
justguth
Cruiser

So how much did you have to give to chrome those rims and who did you do it through?