Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front wheel spacers on a 06 FXDC

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 09:36 AM
dylan_chua
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front wheel spacers on a 06 FXDC

Today while trying to solve the mystery of why my front wheel seems to point to the right (I bought this bike used, previous owner went down twice with it) I loosed the pinch bolts at the triples, at the axle, loosened the axle and tightened back everything. same result.

I did notice however the throttle side wheel spacers is thinner than the clutch side.

is that correct? i had a tyre change recently and wondered if that was correct.

i did try swapping both, and found the tyre too much offset to the clutch side (the edge of the tyre was out of the fender coverage)

Old 07-01-2009, 09:51 AM
super05
Cruiser

if your wheel points right - then something is bent.
the wheel spacers are different sizes.
the front caliper is connected to the front fork, and the rotor is connected to the wheel, if they line up - then the wheel is spaced correctly.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:52 AM
jcmusic
Tourer

The fat one goes on the left or drivers side of the bike, and the flat one on the right or passenger side. If you happen to need these in chrome I have a brand new set still in the package unopened. Let me know.

Jay

Old 07-01-2009, 09:58 AM
dyna07custom
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by super05
the front caliper is connected to the front fork, and the rotor is connected to the wheel, if they line up - then the wheel is spaced correctly.
+1 wheel should not point to the right even if the spacers were in wrong it would just not be centered. If the wheel is not straight on axis something is bent

Old 07-01-2009, 09:58 AM
dylan_chua
1st Gear

I did ask an indy if its possible the triples are bent, because I can see an area where road rash was polished off. So I'm certain the previous owner did went down pretty hard. It was bad enough that when i removed the Lindby crash bar, it was skewed!

i really regret viewing the bike during the night and buying it without seeing it under sunlight. Only after i took over it, then i discovered pipes were rashed on the underside, triples, crashbars.

They said because these are cast alu items, they either break or stay undamaged (upon impact). They don't bend. Is that true?

Last edited by dylan_chua; 07-01-2009 at 10:01 AM.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:02 AM
dylan_chua
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jcmusic
The fat one goes on the left or drivers side of the bike, and the flat one on the right or passenger side. If you happen to need these in chrome I have a brand new set still in the package unopened. Let me know.

Jay
Thanks, Jay. But I really wouldn't start thinking of chrome till I've at least gotten the bike pointing straight. Appreciate the pointer though..

Old 07-01-2009, 10:20 AM
super05
Cruiser

you don't mention how your bike rides. what is the ride like?
I'd think that if it was messed up - you would immediately notice it in the ride quality?
are you sure the wheel is actually pointing to the right, or is the fender bent, giving the illusion that the wheel is off?

Old 07-01-2009, 10:27 AM
Smiley51
Road Captain

I'd think that if it was messed up - you would immediately notice it in the ride quality?
are you sure the wheel is actually pointing to the right, or is the fender bent, giving the illusion that the wheel is off?
I think your right bet it's the fender

Old 07-01-2009, 06:33 PM
dylan_chua
1st Gear

I found myself pushing the bars on the right when going straight.. but i always thought, what the hell.. maybe it's just a harley trait.