Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatbob Tri bar light.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009 | 08:39 PM
MYKSHD
|
Road Captain
Default Fatbob Tri bar light.

Took an hour today and installed the tri bar tail light on my 2008 fat bob. This really cleans up the rear end look and is a simple process. I would recommend a helping hand to r and r the fender. I am thinking of a side mount for the plate, would like to go vertical but the cops say no. Thanks Dirtbag for a good buy on the light. Mike.

Old 06-28-2009 | 09:11 PM
Scooter Wench
Road Captain

I love my tri-bar tail light. Expensive mod but definitely worth it compared to the stock tail light.

Attached Thumbnails Fatbob Tri bar light.-fat-bob-black-002.jpg  
Old 06-28-2009 | 09:13 PM
Pablo22
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by fatbobmg
Took an hour today and installed the tri bar tail light on my 2008 fat bob. This really cleans up the rear end look and is a simple process. I would recommend a helping hand to r and r the fender. I am thinking of a side mount for the plate, would like to go vertical but the cops say no. Thanks Dirtbag for a good buy on the light. Mike.
My Brother did the vertical mount license plate and even though we both have the black 11" progressives, my bike looks much lower than his with the license plate stock. Side mount looks good, but it looks a bit odd on the Fatbob.

Old 06-28-2009 | 09:28 PM
Centerline
Road Warrior

The Tribar does indeed work nicely to fill in the gaps around the Stock tailight.
I don't care for the Fat Bob rear fender, and the stock light just accentuates the goofy tail.

Old 06-28-2009 | 09:55 PM
magmini
Advanced

i did the tri bar on mine and love it . the only thing i had a problem with is that when you install L.E.D.'s and a load equalizer the rear running light doesn't work . the light is mis-wired from the factory . if you look at your stock plug and the plug on the tri bar , the running light wire for the tri bar is in the #2 spot on the plug . it needs to be in the #1 spot for it to work right . easy fix , just pop the pin out of the plug and put it back in to the correct hole . just a heads up for you guys that are thinking about L.E.D.'s

Old 06-28-2009 | 10:04 PM
TheOak
Cruiser

Once you move the tag, the back tire will be exposed alot more. It looks way better than having a tag blocking most of it.

Here is a link to a good tag holder. I mounted it to the bolt for the belt guard, and ran the light wire on the inside of the bar. Florida has changed the verbage in the law and now we go back to vertical.

(no photos/@ work)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Side-...Q5fAccessories

Old 06-28-2009 | 10:07 PM
jb27
Tourer

Interesting. I didn't notice any issues after my install. Of course, I already had a load equalizer wired in for my turn signals.

I agree that it cleans the rear up nice.

Attached Thumbnails Fatbob Tri bar light.-dsc_0153.jpg  
Old 06-28-2009 | 10:14 PM
benwiggin2
Road Master

Originally Posted by jb27
Of course, I already had a load equalizer
yes, of course

Old 06-28-2009 | 10:17 PM
magmini
Advanced

Originally Posted by jb27
Interesting. I didn't notice any issues after my install. Of course, I already had a load equalizer wired in for my turn signals.

I agree that it cleans the rear up nice.
if the load equilizer has an accessory output it will be fine . some do and some don't . mine just happened not to and when i took it off the light worked . called the company and they knew exactly what to do to fix it .it might just be the "plug and play " load eq's , the ones that get wired in to the turn signals alone should be fine . i should have made that clear in my first post .

Last edited by magmini; 06-28-2009 at 10:19 PM. Reason: add something
Old 06-28-2009 | 10:47 PM
wood butcher
Tourer

Tri-bar taillight should come stock. It's that make it your own thing that sucks. The moco knows we're gonna want it. I forked out the dough for the light myself. Looks good with the candy red sunglo paint.

Last edited by wood butcher; 07-09-2009 at 10:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Fatbob Tri bar light.