Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatbob Tri bar light.

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009 | 10:35 PM
luckyB
Road Captain

Originally Posted by magmini
if i were you guys i would go check your lights mounting tabs .
If mine cracks or breaks off that will give me incentive to swap for a '10 Wide Glide fender.

Old 09-03-2009 | 11:14 PM
sanlyn
Road Master

There are small tabs on the top of the light. I can see if they aren't positioned snug I could see the light vibrating loose. Could that be the problem? Took about an hour to put mine in. Love the light, jury's out on whether I will move the plate to the side or not.

Old 09-04-2009 | 02:26 AM
Mixter
Road Warrior

That will be my first mod next year....

Old 09-04-2009 | 09:46 AM
HD Jake
Road Warrior

I really like the Tri Bar light as well, cleans the back end up nice !

Attached Thumbnails Fatbob Tri bar light.-fat-bob-painted-008.jpg  
Old 09-04-2009 | 11:48 AM
magmini
Advanced

it's not the tabs on the top that are the problem . the tabs that the screws go through at the bottom of the light crack and the light will fall off . i cought mine before it fell off . i talked to harley about it and they will replace it for me but i have aready modified the light to not fall off . some small shelf angle brackets and some urethane , and the light is tighter than ever . just check your tabs at the bottom of the light and make sure it isn't broke . better to try and fix it before you lose it !

Old 09-04-2009 | 11:51 AM
GREENOHAWK69
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Centerline
The Tribar does indeed work nicely to fill in the gaps around the Stock tailight.
I don't care for the Fat Bob rear fender, and the stock light just accentuates the goofy tail.
Thread jack: How wide is your rear fender? I'm asking as my stock fender is getting widened (~ 9") and I am looking at running the Tri-Bar as my tailight. Thanks.

Old 09-04-2009 | 07:03 PM
luckyB
Road Captain

Originally Posted by magmini
i talked to harley about it and they will replace it for me but i have aready modified the light to not fall off . some small shelf angle brackets and some urethane , and the light is tighter than ever.
Got any pics of your mod?

Old 09-05-2009 | 09:42 PM
rschmidy
6th Gear
Default Detailing tri bar light

TriBar light looks good but license plate overpowers back end - I took the liberty of modifying the rear bracket to tuck the license plate up as far as possible, kicked the license out so it is tangential to radius of tire and covered it with a light smoked cover - have helped a couple guys I ran into modify theirs when they saw mine - really mutes out the license plate and shows more tire. Works on my bike which is also lowered 1 inch.

Next project reocating the ugly horn invisible behind rear cylinder

Attached Thumbnails Fatbob Tri bar light.-library-5467.jpg   Fatbob Tri bar light.-library-5496.jpg  
Old 09-05-2009 | 10:56 PM
magmini
Advanced

Originally Posted by luckyB
Got any pics of your mod?
i will take some in the morning

Old 09-08-2009 | 04:43 PM
magmini
Advanced

here is how i fixed it . i used some small metal angle brackets and some urethane . epoxy will also work . i had to use a dremel to trim away some of the plastic at the bottem of the light so the brackets would fit correctly , but the light fits tighter than it did before and it shouldn't go anywhere now . i also relocated my horn to the front of the frame .

Attached Thumbnails Fatbob Tri bar light.-light-001.jpg   Fatbob Tri bar light.-light-002.jpg   Fatbob Tri bar light.-light-003.jpg   Fatbob Tri bar light.-light-004.jpg  

Quick Reply: Fatbob Tri bar light.