Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatbob Tri bar light.

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009 | 06:45 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior

A good second set of hands is useful for putting the fender back on. If no extras are available, lay some paper towel padding over the struts as you will likely bang the fender against them. You may want to do this regardless. Remove the padding before tightening things down. Make sure you lay the fender on a surface that won't scratch it.

Last edited by ColdCase; 07-09-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 07-09-2009 | 04:56 PM
magmini
Advanced

Originally Posted by ColdCase
A good second set of hands is useful for putting the fender back on. If no extras are available, lay some paper towel padding over the struts as you will likely bang the fender against them. You may want to do this regardless. Remove them padding before tightening things down. Make sure you lay the fender on a surface that won't scratch it.
to bad i didn't see this before i did mine . i did put a few small scratches in it . the piece that the torx screws go in fell out when was getting the light . didn't know they came out , do now !

Old 07-09-2009 | 05:00 PM
magmini
Advanced

Originally Posted by 1sttimeharleyowner
Ok thanks for the advise I was thinking about haveing the dealership put it on for me. I wasn't looking forward to taking the fender off, probably no more difficult than the flush mount fuel cap & gauge kit.
i didn't take mine off . but i would lay some rags or a towel over the struts so as not to scrach the fender (see previous post ) . not hard at all though .

Old 07-10-2009 | 03:20 AM
1sttimeharleyowner
Intermediate

Well I took my time the other night and installed my light it took about an hour and a half. I would have to agree with everyone on here that it is fairly easy to install and looks awesome. The only part that gave me fits was the turn signal lights. If I was to do it over again I would take the brake light off first to be able to unplug the turn signal lights. Thanks for the advise everyone.

Old 07-10-2009 | 08:52 AM
redrubicon2004
Road Warrior

When removing things like a fender, I always cover it in blue painters tape before I even get the tools out. If you do that, you almost always eliminate a chance for a scratch.

Old 07-10-2009 | 09:12 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by magmini
to bad i didn't see this before i did mine . i did put a few small scratches in it . the piece that the torx screws go in fell out when was getting the light . didn't know they came out , do now !
That was something I learned too when doing this mod, things come apart in a hurry.

Old 07-11-2009 | 01:51 AM
kudzu35
Road Master

I bought mine yesterday from Zanottis for a total fo $200 ($187+shipping). Its my first project when I get back from Afghanistan

Old 07-13-2009 | 12:15 PM
Herd Mentality
Intermediate

Finally got mine on last night. Funny how you get that on and then think to yourself..."wow, i really need to get smoked lenses for those turn signals now"

Old 08-18-2009 | 02:45 PM
TTownfastgirl
Novice
Unhappy Check your fab tailight!

I recently got up to go on a trip to yoesemite and Hollister, so I was packing up the bob and found my cool tailight was missing! My first thought was it fell out because me being blonde put it in and did something wrong. Then I got to looking at things and the plastic flanges where it attaches at the bottom were still in under the screws, and broken off of course, the electrical plugs were gone and nothing else was damaged, so I thought maybe someone stole it, but I had looked right at it before leaving the bar the night before and came straight home. I have only come to one conclusion, the two little plastic pieces over time stressed and broke just above the screw holes and the light did fall out, there aren't any fins on the electrical plug so that wouldn't have held it even a few miles(especially not at 70 mph on the freeway). Now I put this on last christmas, so thats 8 months, I've done about 4K since then, but I don't think thats enough for a 260 dollar tailight. I went and got another already instead of putting the hideous square thing back on, and I'm gonna call harley, but you guys watch your tail so to speak, if you start seeing problems catch it before you loose the whole thing, then at least you can return it.

Old 09-03-2009 | 10:19 PM
magmini
Advanced

well i just read this and went out to check mine . guess what , it's cracked ! so now i have to figure out a way to fix this thing . no way im i buying another $240 light that is just gonna crack again . the dealer said they won't warrenty it ( 90 day harley warrenty only ) . if i were you guys i would go check your lights mounting tabs .

Quick Reply: Fatbob Tri bar light.