Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatbob Tri bar light.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009 | 12:11 AM
Herd Mentality
Intermediate

I picked up one for $130ish. Hopefully it's here this week so I can get it on soon. I wasn't willing to shell out over $200 for the light, but I'll do it for what i picked it up for since I'm always worried about what my 'rear' looks like.

Old 06-29-2009 | 07:23 AM
magmini
Advanced

Originally Posted by wood butcher
Tri-bar taillight should come stock. It's that make it your own thing that sucks. The moco knows we're gonna want it. I forked out the dough for the light myself. Looks good with the candy red sunglo paint.
i agree but truthfully the thing that sucks is that it $200+ that is what is the problem . there is no way it should be that much . i have no problem with the "make it my bike" but give use a break sometimes !

Old 06-29-2009 | 11:50 AM
Centerline
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by magmini
i agree but truthfully the thing that sucks is that it $200+ that is what is the problem . there is no way it should be that much . i have no problem with the "make it my bike" but give use a break sometimes !
Except that the light, aside from fitting the opening, thus greatly greatly improving the look of the rear........ is REALLY BRIGHT, uses less electrical power...thus being an add-on that is actually useful and functional
Contrast that with the hi cost of chrome plated non functional doo-dads that add nothing in the way of actual usefulness.

Disclaimer: ignore the ridiculous cost of my black powdercoated parts that used to be chrome.

Old 06-29-2009 | 12:34 PM
super05
Cruiser

I have a wide glide rear fender that I'd put on my SuperGlide in 5 seconds if HD made a tri-bar that fit it. That's a great looking light.

Old 06-29-2009 | 01:38 PM
USA1HD1
Tourer

Here is what mine looks like also went with an side plate.

Old 06-29-2009 | 02:25 PM
magmini
Advanced

Originally Posted by Centerline
Except that the light, aside from fitting the opening, thus greatly greatly improving the look of the rear........ is REALLY BRIGHT, uses less electrical power...thus being an add-on that is actually useful and functional
Contrast that with the hi cost of chrome plated non functional doo-dads that add nothing in the way of actual usefulness.

Disclaimer: ignore the ridiculous cost of my black powdercoated parts that used to be chrome.
true with all but even the chrome crap shouldn't cost what it does . i'm just say'in it doesn't have to cost what it does . that being said i would buy it again .
oh and i made this today .

Attached Thumbnails Fatbob Tri bar light.-side-tag-mount-007.jpg   Fatbob Tri bar light.-side-tag-mount-003.jpg   Fatbob Tri bar light.-side-tag-mount-010.jpg   Fatbob Tri bar light.-side-mount-with-light.jpg  

Last edited by magmini; 06-29-2009 at 04:44 PM. Reason: added stuff
Old 07-06-2009 | 01:48 AM
1sttimeharleyowner
Intermediate

How hard was the Tri Bar to install. Do you have to take the rear fender off.

Old 07-06-2009 | 06:27 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 1sttimeharleyowner
Easy, about an hour, taking the fender off makes it easier, I think. The bolts that hold the tail light assembly in place are behind the fender frame. The hardest part for me was pulling a bit of wire harness, and that was easy.

There have been a few threads over the previous months with install discussion.

Last edited by ColdCase; 07-06-2009 at 08:51 AM.
Old 07-06-2009 | 09:47 PM
jb27
Tourer

Originally Posted by 1sttimeharleyowner
Install was easy. Good idea to have an extra set of hands for removing the fender and putting it back on. Someone here gave me a good piece of advice before I installed mine. Don't spend an hour reading the directions. So true. Pretty intuitive install. Funny, but the directions start out saying that you need to have the maintenance manual to be able to do the install. Trust me you don't need it. It is for simple things like removing the turn signals and strut covers.

Good luck!

Old 07-07-2009 | 02:26 AM
1sttimeharleyowner
Intermediate

Ok thanks for the advise I was thinking about haveing the dealership put it on for me. I wasn't looking forward to taking the fender off, probably no more difficult than the flush mount fuel cap & gauge kit.

Quick Reply: Fatbob Tri bar light.