Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wide Glide Tank Lift?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 01:57 PM
biker77
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wide Glide Tank Lift?

Has anyone done a tank lift on the 06 wide glide yet? If so, I would love to see some pics of what it looks like. I'm having a hard time imagining what it would look like. I have seen the one for the bob, but I know it would look different on the wide glide with the racked out front end.

Old 05-19-2006, 07:57 PM
costaza
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Wide Glide Tank Lift?

I have a FXDWG 2006, but from what I see it won't fit. The tank will hit the tree at the extremities

Old 05-19-2006, 10:56 PM
kiltiemon
Outstanding HDF Member

The tank on my 2001 WideGlide looks like it could not only be raised (in which case it the tree would hit the tank, of course,) but also that it could be shifted to the rear a bit!!! If it COULD be shifted to the rear a bit then the tree might not hit the front of the tank if it were raised. I'm getting a "salvaged rebuildable" bike back on the road and am NOT an accomplished rider (at least not with an engine), so take this as just some musing by a inexperienced person (when it comes to motorcycles, anyway)

So... What do Ya'll think???

Jim aka kiltiemon

Old 05-20-2006, 01:01 AM
RudeDog
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

I,ve been building tank lift brackets for Dyna riders that worked but all I know about the WG was that with the tank lifted the lift/tank would hit the tripletree. I haven't researched this dilemma except for glancing at some WG's but if there's enough interest I could run down to the dealer and have a in depth look at various years and see what we're up against. So far I've seen them without tank lifts and it appears the wiring is not long enough and the tree will hit the tank tabs. There could be a way around this and I'd be able to fab up something.

Old 05-20-2006, 02:07 AM
biker77
Novice

Rudedog, I would be interested. I just think that if it could be possible, it would make the wide glide look even better.

Old 05-20-2006, 11:26 PM
tl vette
Cruiser

Rudedog
i got my lift on my low rider and i really like it. thanks.

Old 05-21-2006, 09:49 AM
RudeDog
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

Thakns for pointing that out kiltiemon. If the tank were pushed back it would probably work. I'll take a look when I goto the dealer and see if there's enough room to move it back (maybe 1/2"?).

biker77, As soon as I figure this thing out I'll let you know. I do believe it would make a great difference.

tl vette, Glad to hear you got it on and like it. Theses things are great to see on the forums knowing I built them to help people that are so far away from me. I'm used to helping out friends from around here not hundreds of miles away, so i get a kick out of it.