Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Photos - Mustang Solo seats (Regular vs. Wide)

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 01:50 AM
joe297
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought the wide solo for the backrest only. I'd prefer the standard (narrower) width solo but there's no backrest option.

This setup was to replace my solo luggage rack / backrest which worked well with ANY solo seat. But I had to get rid of that since it uses the same mounting points as my saddlebags.

Once you've had a backrest on your bike you'll never want to give it up.

Old 07-30-2009, 06:01 PM
Johnny_Sack
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi DynaMightBuzz!
I am also inclined to acquire a Lepera Maverick as my 2Up seat.
Do you have any experience about how they feel and look?
Thank you!

Regards

Old 07-30-2009, 06:21 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DynaMightBuzz
I can go 100 miles on my stock seat before it gets too uncomfortable. Just 20 miles more though, at 120 miles, and I can't stand it anymore. An 80 to 90 mile run is pretty comfortable though. What I want is a seat I can go 200 miles on without my *** hurting so bad its unbeareable.

I was looking at LePera Monterey solo (beautiful seat) but when I called I found out they didn't make it for '08 Dynas. So now I'm looking at other LePera seats as well as what Mustang has.

What I might do is go with two seats. One solo, lower profile, for short runs, and a 2up for long hauls. LePera has a program they call Foam & Base (not sure if other companies do this) that sends you a seat to try out. I'm getting a Sanora solo sent to me next week. It's a nice looking seat and kind of low profile. If I can go 125 miles in it I'll be happy. They're also sending me color samples for inlay and stitching (I want to get match the copper color of my bike). For the long hauls I'm looking at the Mustang 13.5"/16.5" (with Pillion) or the LePera Maverick. I'll keep the stock seat if I want to go 2up around town.

In case anyone wants to see what the LePera's look like here they are.
Good luck with the LePera. I have the Barebones Solo and can't stand the damn thing after about 75 miles. I just picked up a Mustang Tripper, but haven't been able to try it out yet, however, I've heard they're very comfortable.

As far as my other seat goes, I love my HD Sidekick Custom. It is very comfortable and an all day rider for me.