Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Photos - Mustang Solo seats (Regular vs. Wide)

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 01:45 PM
Stixman
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wide, definitely wide.
(Can't seem to attach my photo)

Last edited by Stixman; 06-24-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:21 PM
user45
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

6' and 195", I went with the wide. Very comfortable seat.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:15 PM
June Bug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As for looks, the narrower may look slightly better, IMO, but the wide looks fine too. I'd say go with what is more comfortable and enjoy riding rather than go for what you think looks better and sacrifice comfort.

Old 06-25-2009, 12:22 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperglideKen
With my skinny rear at 170, I chose the standard. It's great and most of my ride are short. If I was going to be tourning I would sure have gotten the bigger one. It sure beats the stock seat...foresure!!!
I'm about your weight and am looking at replacing my stock seat. How comfortable it yours? Do you go on long runs?

Old 06-25-2009, 12:26 PM
SuperglideKen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had three different HD seats and none compare to the comfort of the Mustang. Just something about it, Not too hard or soft. You can ride all day from what I'm told most of my rides are less than 100 miles at a time.

Old 06-25-2009, 03:52 PM
deloway
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigLowRider
Here are some photos of my 2003 Low Rider with a Mustang Solo Studded and a Mustang Wide Solo Studded seat. I prefer the looks of the narrow seat but my butt prefers the feel of the wide seat.

Regular (left) vs. Wide (right) ...

Regular (left, top) vs. Wide (right,bottom) ...

There are more photos here ...
www.homepokertourney.com/bike/bike-mustang-seats.htm

BigLow
Hey BLR, I also have an '03 Low Black/Silver with a Badlander seat. But, that seat is a killer on long runs. I like the look and comfort of your mustangs and was interested in getting the same ones. What is the model number or name of those seats and where's the best place to get them? Thanks.

Old 06-25-2009, 04:47 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperglideKen
I had three different HD seats and none compare to the comfort of the Mustang. Just something about it, Not too hard or soft. You can ride all day from what I'm told most of my rides are less than 100 miles at a time.
I can go 100 miles on my stock seat before it gets too uncomfortable. Just 20 miles more though, at 120 miles, and I can't stand it anymore. An 80 to 90 mile run is pretty comfortable though. What I want is a seat I can go 200 miles on without my *** hurting so bad its unbeareable.

I was looking at LePera Monterey solo (beautiful seat) but when I called I found out they didn't make it for '08 Dynas. So now I'm looking at other LePera seats as well as what Mustang has.

What I might do is go with two seats. One solo, lower profile, for short runs, and a 2up for long hauls. LePera has a program they call Foam & Base (not sure if other companies do this) that sends you a seat to try out. I'm getting a Sanora solo sent to me next week. It's a nice looking seat and kind of low profile. If I can go 125 miles in it I'll be happy. They're also sending me color samples for inlay and stitching (I want to get match the copper color of my bike). For the long hauls I'm looking at the Mustang 13.5"/16.5" (with Pillion) or the LePera Maverick. I'll keep the stock seat if I want to go 2up around town.

In case anyone wants to see what the LePera's look like here they are.

Attached Thumbnails Photos - Mustang Solo seats (Regular vs. Wide)-lepera-sanora.jpg   Photos - Mustang Solo seats (Regular vs. Wide)-lepera-maverick.jpg  
Old 06-25-2009, 08:45 PM
wescoot2
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

5'9'' 170.......and I still have and love my Wide seat.......

Just a question for those who think one looks better than the others.........If your a$$ is sitting on it while your riding.....who in the hell can see the seat ??

Respects,
Ed

Old 06-26-2009, 11:04 AM
BigLowRider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by deloway
What is the model number or name of those seats and where's the best place to get them? Thanks.

Mustang Studded: Part# 75471
Mustang Wide Studded: Part# 75473
Mustang Passenger Seat: Part# 75472

Here is the Mustang web page for seats ...
http://www.mustangseats.com/cart/ind...=index&cPath=4

There is also a wide rear seat available. The rear seat shown in this photo is the narrow (9") rear seat ...

BigLow

Old 06-26-2009, 11:10 AM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the wide doesn't look that bad with the overal contuers of the bike.

Quick Reply: Photos - Mustang Solo seats (Regular vs. Wide)