Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

progressive shocks

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 10:44 AM
wild wally
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: progressive shocks

ORIGINAL: Patch

I have a set of the progressive 440's on the rear of my 2005 FXDCI. (they are the heavy duty version)
I would not get the heavy duty ones unless you are over 250 lbs. I am 250 lbs...not overweight, just short. they are a little firm but OK. Just a note...they are the stock height shocks in the rear.
I tried the progressive front fork springs ( stock height ) they were too firm for me.
I also had tried the SE front fork oil......better than the front springs in my opinion..
Try changing the front fork oil to SE first...BEFORE you change the front fork springs to progressive...especially if you do mostly touring.....
I do mostly Kentucky backroads...so firmer is OK for me.
But then I changed the front forks to the cartridge ones that came standard on the 2005 Dyna superglide sport models. (FXDX)
they are fully adjustable.....sport model no longer made....last model year...2005...lile my bike
SOooooo....I now have a Dyna SuperGlide Custon (FXDCI) with Progressive 440 standard lenght rear shocks-Heavy Duty.
The front forks from a Dyna Sport-fully adjustable...stock front fork oil
I added the dual disc brake up front
AND if that were not confusing enough....I put the bobtail rear fender on...which comes stock on Dyna wide glides.
SO...I have a DYNA-Superglide Custom with a sport front end (except for the tach) with a wide glide rear.
I think it's like that old car commrcial for the "FordChevamchryswagon" ????
when I pull into a parking lot people look at it for awhile wondering...which Dyna is that?????

bottom line ..it handles GREAT!
You have to post some pics of your bike!!!

Wally

Old 06-07-2006, 12:21 PM
Patch
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: progressive shocks

Wally

I don't have a digital camera...I hope a friend of mine will help me get it posted later this month