Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

changein fork springs

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 10:52 PM
paul s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I still don't think you will get it.

Old 06-21-2009, 11:09 PM
Uquackmeup
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cbz1200n
After reading the instructions, I think these springs are a joke. The ride height is set with the length of the preload spacer, how can you ever properly set preload since the preload spacer sets the the height and there is nothing keeping the forks from fully extending?
I have got to call these guys to explain this to me.

CB
I wasn't a believer untill I installed them...best suspension bang for the buck so far. They work really well with the Ricor and Ohlins.

Old 06-21-2009, 11:23 PM
schwangster
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I wasn't a believer untill I installed them...best suspension bang for the buck so far. They work really well with the Ricor and Ohlins.[/QUOTE]

So, in your opinion, forks with the Ricors with Progressive springs work better than with Ricors with stock springs?

Old 06-22-2009, 12:29 AM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 563 Likes on 394 Posts
Default another opinion

I'm using the Ricor's with Race-Tech springs,set for my weight.Works well!

Old 06-22-2009, 06:38 AM
cmonster
Tourer

interesting point and one i hadnt thought of-i measured the fork oil level with bike on jack and forks at Angle-ive never seen a post or in directions that forks should be perfectly vertical, also i measured oil without springs in place! i will say that the ride quality and handleing is much better with these springs ,night and day compared to 1inch lowered in back and stock springs

Old 06-22-2009, 11:52 AM
Uquackmeup
Tourer

Originally Posted by schwangster
So, in your opinion, forks with the Ricors with Progressive springs work better than with Ricors with stock springs?
When I first installed the Ricors with the stock fork springs everything worked well. Even without the Ricors my forks worked decently. I was not experiencing the fork dive that others have complained about. Around the 28k mile point my fork springs started to go. I could definitely notice excessive fork dive. Another problem that I've always had is inherent with the Street Bob's design. The weight bias is on the rear wheel. There isn't enough weight on the front wheel to keep the bike planted. This was most obvious under real hard accelleration. The front would get real light. With the Progressive drop in lowering kit more weight is on the front. The bike does not get light in the steering and the spring rate is just flat out better than the stock springs ever were. Had I known how much better, I would have swapped out springs when I first got the bike. Just my $.02

Ron

Last edited by Uquackmeup; 06-22-2009 at 11:54 AM.