Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley race tuner

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 08:55 PM
FATBOB.
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley race tuner

I guy that can to my work today told me that he had the race tuner
download on his bike. it is a 2008 wideglide.the only thing he had done
on his bike was vance hines slip on....he said he bike runs cooler
and better take off and all round better performance....i guess he runs
richer now...thinks about doing that.....

Old 06-19-2009, 09:41 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

He basically did what the Xied's would do for him,only now he not only runs cooler,but can rev to 6250 and if the bike starts getting hot (only if at a red light or in heavy traffic) the rear cylinder will shut down and act as an air pump. A little bit of throttle and it kicks back in. It's not the "race tuner download" it is the standard HD download for upgraded air / exhaust mod. A race tuner is like a pc3 or V. a race tuner identifies with one bike and one bike only it's like ....like.... married to the bike!

Old 06-19-2009, 09:47 PM
Topspin
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn't run a SERT unless I was doing both pipes and open air cleaner.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:56 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member

Wait does he have a SE race tuner or just a download? The other downside to the Screaming Eagle race tuner and the HD download is every upgrade you have to bring it back to harley .

Old 06-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Thornhammer
Tourer

A SERT is an expensive thing to put on your bike just for pipes.

But just getting the download is what, $150? For a few minutes work, no less! Quite the racket.

I'll probably go with a PC V once my financial situation improves to the point where a Stage I is viable.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:59 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

That's why instead of the SERT, I went with the TTS. I believe sort of a step of from the SERT, and it's basically all software with a comm interface.... just like the SERT.

With the TTS, I keep the software, and can do my own tuning runs and tweaks..... and nothing has to stay plugged into the bike. With a tuning run, I just tweak the map that currently resides in memory and go do a 'datalogging' run with the laptop hooked up to the ECM. Once done, it merges that new datalog file with the resident map, and creates a new map. Pretty trick actually. I like it....

About the same price as the SERT, but it still is married to the one bike. That's okay, 'cause I don't intend on this bike going anywhere anytime soon..

Last edited by archergodwin; 06-19-2009 at 11:02 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:10 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by archergodwin
That's why instead of the SERT, I went with the TTS. I believe sort of a step of from the SERT, and it's basically all software with a comm interface.... just like the SERT.

With the TTS, I keep the software, and can do my own tuning runs and tweaks..... and nothing has to stay plugged into the bike. With a tuning run, I just tweak the map that currently resides in memory and go do a 'datalogging' run with the laptop hooked up to the ECM. Once done, it merges that new datalog file with the resident map, and creates a new map. Pretty trick actually. I like it....

About the same price as the SERT, but it still is married to the one bike. That's okay, 'cause I don't intend on this bike going anywhere anytime soon..
Thank you Archer i was waiting to hear that! i remembered the name but wasn't sure that was the one i wanted! that has to be boss man!

Old 06-19-2009, 11:18 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by maddghost
Thank you Archer i was waiting to hear that! i remembered the name but wasn't sure that was the one i wanted! that has to be boss man!
No sweat! I figured the investment was worth having a tuner that could handle anything I did to the bike, and make it so the stock ECM was still doing the work.

Old 06-20-2009, 06:05 AM
FATBOB.
Tourer

he payed 200.00 at the harleydealer to get the download...
he didnt want a powercommander or something else.he told
me that the download did a great job..he saw a good difference...
but yes it took about 20 minutes...

Old 06-20-2009, 08:47 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member

200$ is what I paid last year I had it done at my 10000 mi. service (16000km) and I was watching. they put the bike near the window when they did it. Maybe they thought i wouldn't notice or it's just normal for them, but the guy who did the download took more time to plug in the wire than it did to flash the ecm. And it took him longer to pull of the seat than to plug the wire! The kid , and i mean peach-fuzz covered kid, wasn't with the bike more than 5 mins. It's just a pre-written general download they do no tweaking or adjusting. And worse is that if he changes more stuff he may have to pay to re-flash to a new map. unless he gets a fuel management module.Then at least he has the rev extend and parade mode rear cylinder.so it.s not a complete waste after all.

O ya and though the bike runs better with DL it gets even better,but always more money! LOL

Last edited by maddghost; 06-20-2009 at 09:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Harley race tuner