Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley race tuner

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 09:02 AM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by maddghost
Wait does he have a SE race tuner or just a download? The other downside to the Screaming Eagle race tuner and the HD download is every upgrade you have to bring it back to harley .
Why would you have to do that? My Indy can tune my bike and it has the SERT.... I can even tweek items in the map with my laptop.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:05 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Airborne350G
Why would you have to do that? My Indy can tune my bike and it has the SERT.... I can even tweek items in the map with my laptop.
You can tweak but will HD give you a new map to upload? That is where they get you.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:17 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Airborne350G
And so here is where I see different comments about what the person got at the dealer. A few people claim to have purchased the SERT, but didn't receive any software. So I'm wondering now, is if all they purchased was the Stage.1 map. I think some dealers refer to the Stage.1 map, as the "race map", or they are calling it the "SERT", either through ignorance or deceit.

I know one thread a while back, I asked the guy about his 450 dollar purchase of the SERT, and claimed he did not receive any software. The SERT was, and may still be, written by Mastertune. I think there was some falling out, and Mastertune launched their own version, called "TTS". Now this is all 'my understanding'... and I may be completely out in the woods on this.

There is a TTS Mastertune section in the Tuning forum.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:38 AM
looneycanuk
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use the SERT with the Daytona TT WEGO. Works like a charm for me; download the data, make the VE corrections + spark advance via SERT, upload, ride & repeat.

Not the simplest but downright effective.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:40 AM
kk6pg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Rich,
The original SERT was written by TTS. When HD went with the new SEST, it opened the door for TTS to market the original under their name.

The nice part is theres some stuff in the Mastertune that HD didnt want in the SERT, so you get more toys to play with...

Whats even better, is the Mastertune doesnt have all the bugs the SEST has

Old 06-20-2009, 12:42 PM
jstreet0204
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by archergodwin
That's why instead of the SERT, I went with the TTS. I believe sort of a step of from the SERT, and it's basically all software with a comm interface.... just like the SERT.

With the TTS, I keep the software, and can do my own tuning runs and tweaks..... and nothing has to stay plugged into the bike. With a tuning run, I just tweak the map that currently resides in memory and go do a 'datalogging' run with the laptop hooked up to the ECM. Once done, it merges that new datalog file with the resident map, and creates a new map. Pretty trick actually. I like it....

About the same price as the SERT, but it still is married to the one bike. That's okay, 'cause I don't intend on this bike going anywhere anytime soon..
This is the route I went with my car. Datalogging hardware/software, tuning hardware/software, wideband o2 sensors, boost sensors, etc. It can be very addictive

I intentionally avoided that route on my bike because I knew I'd end up doing more tweaking than riding, but I imagaine I'll give in at some point, and would likely go the TTS route.

I'm curious though how you datalog on the bike? Is it stored in a memory modul that you hook up to the laptop after, or do you actually need the laptop hooked up during the run. If the later that would seem to make it difficult to tune unless you are on a dyno.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:29 PM
tahosrfr
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

were you able to use O2 sensor with the tts, cause u don't with the PC?

Old 06-21-2009, 09:37 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by jstreet0204
...I'm curious though how you datalog on the bike? Is it stored in a memory modul that you hook up to the laptop after, or do you actually need the laptop hooked up during the run. If the later that would seem to make it difficult to tune unless you are on a dyno.
Laptop running in the t-bag, hooked in real-time to the serial interface behind the electrical caddy cover. My laptop runs on it's battery for a couple hours, more than enough time to get a nice 30-40 minute tuning run. I work through the throttle position and the amount of load...(I've lots of hills around me) go through town, and then out for some 70mph+ stuff on the highways. Works quite well.

I may even invest in a small vga screen to attach to the bars at the riser, so I can really hit each cell when I'm out doing a tuning run. Yeah, a dyno run would be the best, but since all I've done to the powertrain is Stage.1 a/c, and the pipes... I'm not too worried about it. Now when I do cams, go to 103 or 107 cubes, and headwork... I can start with a base map for that setup, but I will then get her dyno'd.

Last edited by archergodwin; 06-21-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:40 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by tahosrfr
were you able to use O2 sensor with the tts, cause u don't with the PC?
That's the cool part of the TTS, it's only software... because you already have all the hardware you need... it came stock on the bike. But to answer directly, yes - the TTS uses the existing stock O2 sensors.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:59 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by archergodwin
That's the cool part of the TTS, it's only software... because you already have all the hardware you need... it came stock on the bike. But to answer directly, yes - the TTS uses the existing stock O2 sensors.
Damn I wish I had gone that route now....... LOL I have only had my pcV about a month!