Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stainless fuel crossover

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 06:16 PM
120hp harley
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default stainless fuel crossover

anyone using the Harley stainless steel fuel crossover. Mine broke and when I went to get a new one the dealer said they don't stock it and won't order it for me because they have had to many problems with them in the past. Another dealer had one for me but it looked like it had been sitting in the back for 10 years. I'll put it on but just wondering if anyone else has had a bad expierence with it.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:23 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 120hp harley
anyone using the Harley stainless steel fuel crossover. Mine broke and when I went to get a new one the dealer said they don't stock it and won't order it for me because they have had to many problems with them in the past. Another dealer had one for me but it looked like it had been sitting in the back for 10 years. I'll put it on but just wondering if anyone else has had a bad expierence with it.
Ya I was going to buy one but heard they have alot of issues with them.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:41 PM
Naz_Man
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 120hp harley
I had one, Leaked..... It has them compression fittings if you don't tighten enough leak to tight leak.... I crushed the fitting 2 times trying to get the leaks to stop but never did. I got a nice line from V-twin rubber hose with braided covering, hose clamps and nice cover for the clamps.... Looks real good and never leaks.

Naz

Old 06-19-2009, 07:45 PM
Y2KFXDman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Poor design! It could leave you stranded or even damaged. Avoid!

Coupler and tank barb is metal... seal is rubber/poly. When you cinch up one side, metal parts usually mangle the seal as it often gets squeezed out through the coupling hole which is intentionally oversized so it can slip over the barb. Connecting the other side can be even more difficult if the hose is a hair too long, making both sides crooked... no, you cannot change its length.

If you are lucky, it stays on without leaking until you touch it; at worst, it begins leaking near a source of ignition while nobody is watching; at best, you simply never get it on in the first place and you just eat yer $30.00 plus spilt gasoline.

Stick with circumferencial banding/wire/clamp.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:54 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

It didn't fit with a tank lift.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:07 PM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

I tried one, too many problems, a true piece of junk. I woke up to my whole house stinking of gas because it lost it's seal during the night and dumped about a 1/8 tank on the garage floor, about a week after it was installed.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:16 PM
dFREDb
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow! I just put one on my Dyna and didn't have any problems. I was very careful and positioned it and tightened it slowly. It looks great, but if it fails at least I won't be surprised. Will keep a close eye on it. What a bummer to hear after the fact.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:24 PM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Well I was very carefull too..... The problem is the metal cup piece has a larger hole than really needed to seal the line so it will go past the flare on the fuel stem of the tanks, which allowed the rubber to squeeze out over time. Any looser on the nut and it leaked right away.
Good luck....

Old 06-19-2009, 09:30 PM
dFREDb
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the heads up!

Old 06-19-2009, 09:44 PM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I kept mine stock after hearing all the stories about them leaking. After seeing them on other bikes, I think it draws too much attention to that area anyways. I'll stick with the stock black one.

Quick Reply: stainless fuel crossover