Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna guys that have had a Rocker C: Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 08:43 AM
FatBobBerry
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyna guys that have had a Rocker C: Need Advice

I currently have a 09 Fatbob and like it. But i have had my eye on a Rocker C and love the look, especially the big back tire. You guys that have had another bike like a Rocker C or so, what was the reason you bought the Dyna? Looks, ride, or whatever other reason it was? I would like to know to help make my decision whether to keep my Fatbob or get a new Rocker C. Thanks

Old 06-18-2009, 09:26 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rocker Cs have longer wheel bases, cost more money, have been harder to find, built more for style vs riding. Look for many of the softail vs dyna posts to get a rough idea, but everyone has different likes, dislikes. Its a judgment call, ride one and see what YOU think.

Last edited by ColdCase; 06-26-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:03 AM
UK Dave
Intermediate

I loved the look of my rocker but sold it for a combination of reasons... its all subjective so take from it what you will but here goes:

To make it look good you'll probably slam the rear end... sounds ok so far but, then you have almost 0 suspension travel and might as well be riding a custom hard tail... add to that one of the worst seats harley has ever made (a metal stadium seat with rocks on it would be better) and you have a cool looking scoot you'll ride maybe 20 - 30 miles and end up with a bad back and numb ***... (google it, I'm not alone on this!)

I guess I could have thrown more cash at it but compared to my Street Bob or the Road King I traded to get it, it was just too much hard work to ride and I wanted a scoot that was more than just a bar hopper.

Just as an fyi; me and her indoors rode it 700 or so miles straight through from Kansas City to Milwaukee for the 105th so it isn't like we didn't give it a damn good try... we learned a hard lesson that day though and the ride home was immediately rescheduled to a 2 day deal.

Anyway, that said, if you decide to go for it you'll NEED a different seat set up so take a look at Bitchin seats or, if you've got a bunch of C notes burning a hole in your pocket, Heartland USA's stuff takes the rocker to a whole new dimension

Hope that helps

Old 06-18-2009, 10:44 AM
FatBobBerry
Intermediate

I appreciate the honest opinion from experience. Thats why I needed some opinions before making a switch that i might regret. I would like others to chime in on their thoughts as well either good or indifferent..

Old 06-18-2009, 01:33 PM
Meliray
6th Gear

Got a Rocker C and I had a Dyna before. Would I change back to a Dyna? No way !!!!
I just tryed it one day, went back to the dealer and bought it the next day.
Why ?, it'll be to long to explain, to many reason and even if I was to write all those reasons, I'm not sure it ll help you decide.
Just try it !!
It's wonderfull (except the price and specially in france

Old 06-18-2009, 04:19 PM
EDZ82FXR
Road Captain

I like the look of the rocker, never have been on one but I dont know about the seat as others will say. I will demo one soon but, I love my Street Bob a little too much for me to trade it in, but def wouldnt mind maybe having a bar hopper like that, that is what I have heard them being referred to as from a few people..But I might be able to deal with the seat since I have dealt with the LePera on my 82 and that thing was never too comfortable

Old 06-18-2009, 06:51 PM
bigmikaele
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I was going to get the Rocker C, but when it still hadn't come in after 7 months I went with the SB. I did ride the Rocker when it came in and have to say I really don't like the seat. It is a piece of plywood. I also didn't like the position it made me sit (felt like I should have something up my 4th point of contact). I guess I really like my SB and the way I slam it in the turns I know I couldn't do that with the rocker. So overall, I'm happy with my SB.

Oh, and I like doing long rides and know that the rocker would be a bit less comfortable on the day long rides I usually do. And don't try to add any bags or anything to it; makes it look like crap. Oh and lastly who the hell is going to sit on that passenger seat (for anything longer then the time it takes to sit on it)!

Last edited by bigmikaele; 06-18-2009 at 06:53 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:51 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bigmikaele
Oh and lastly who the hell is going to sit on that passenger seat (for anything longer then the time it takes to sit on it)!
My buddies wife did 250 miles on it the other day. She said never again lol

I like the Rocker but to make it they way i would want it would also make it not as versatile as my Dyna. Dealer were my buddy bought his said they get traded back in alot after the appeal wears off.

He is already talking about getting something different but mainly because of the wife.

Old 06-19-2009, 04:00 PM
coachstorms
Tourer

My buddy that rides an '08 Rocker C wishes every ride that he had bought a Fat Bob instead. Doesn't like the comfort or ride at all, it is a good lookin scoot though. Great bar hopper, sure does turn heads.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:16 AM
catamo
Intermediate
Location: Qatif (my hometown) and Riyadh (the capital, where I work)...

Time to confess, heh....... Well, where I live, there are no bars and no chicks to ride with. My sole comfort is solo riding most of the time. I have a Rocker C and I just LOVE it.

I am new to biking. The last times I rode were 24+ years ago and those were intermittent rides. Anyway, I bought the Rocker C because it looked damn good. One month after I bought it, I regretted every minute and every cent I spent on it. The seat is horrible and every other bike that I saw was better (had my eye on the FB and SB for a while and almost did a trade in). But then, I started my mod's and got serious on riding. I have 3750 miles on my bike over the past 4 months. And this is only weekend's and some weekday nights. I mostly ride alone and I like it better with my iPod :-)

I still get a numb a$$ but the ride is worth every bit of that feeling. To me, it's a harley, a custom and a racing bike (well up to 100 miles/hour) all in one.

I will be putting on the Rocker seat and the second seat for long distances and for my kids. I plan to go the heartland kit way next year (I just want to enjoy the rear wheel view, it ROCKS).

My best advise of course is to try both. The only caveat is that you may not like the Rocker first (because of the seat), but may end up lovin it if you give it a shot.........and whatever you decide to ride.... safe riding..

Cheers!

Quick Reply: Dyna guys that have had a Rocker C: Need Advice