Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna guys that have had a Rocker C: Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009 | 05:41 PM
catamo
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From: Qatif (my hometown) and Riyadh (the capital, where I work)...

I dropped my Rocker C in the dealer and took their Fatbob demo bike. Its a great ride; seat is 10 times more comfortable, smooth handling, FAST, great on curves and better front breaks. The front wheel was vibrating a lot. Really a great bike and I will recommend to some friends.......I'm still in love with my Rocker and can't wait to ride it..........this ride just confirmed what I had felt for some time.....there is no monogomy when it comes to Harleys.....Cheers!

Old 06-27-2009 | 09:15 PM
rbartick
Tourer
Received 48 Likes on 20 Posts

I just took a Fat Bob and a Rocker on long demo rides at a local dealer. IMO the Rocker is a better looking ride, that bike really turns heads. As far as riding goes I think that the Fat Bob rides better. The Fat Bob seat feel is much better, the seating position is better, the peg position is better (fwd controls), and the steering geometry is better. I felt more comfortable taking turns at speed on the Fat Bob.

I could ride a Fat Bob all day; I don’t think I could do the same on a Rocker. The non-balanced motor in the Fat Bob vibrates and shakes a lot more than the balanced motor in the Rocker. The Fat Bob’s bars and the pegs vibrate significantly when you coast off the throttle. I also had trouble getting the kickstand down on the Fat Bob. That sucker is tucked way under the primary.

Old 06-28-2009 | 02:51 AM
Glydiator
Tourer

Havent owned one, but I went and spent a day test riding bikes at the stealer saturday.

My conclusion:
Rocker looks great. I do not like the way it handles, rides, or sits. I felt like I was way up on top of it.... not low like you would think when you look at it.
Not impressed at all by those aspects of it.

Fatboy was smooth as silk...loved the seat and ride. didn't like the handlebars much though.. too low.

Night train- harder to steer, but it felt pretty good, and i love that look too.

Fatbob- the best feeling, best handling bike I have ridden to date. I liked the ride even better than my superglide, and it came the closest to running as fast.
I think the guy that owned mine before me had it beefed somehow. It's powerful as hell compared to what else I've ridden.

I dig both the smoothness of the balanced engines and the shakin of the rubber mounted...wish I had a switch to flip and toggle between the two.
However I did notice that the balanced seemed more sluggish that the rubber mounted.

I personally would not spend my money on a rocker if i wanted to ride a lot. I think you could modify it to make it better for longer riding, but that may lessen it's main draw, which to me is the look... (it sure aint price) :P

Every bike I've been on had it's own personality so to speak. match yours and your bikes and you will have found the one....

or two

Old 06-28-2009 | 07:15 AM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Dynas are for riders, Sloptails are for those who want to look like riders.

The FB will handle a lot better, be more comfy, and be overall a better bike if you bought it to ride. If you bought it to put on 5K/year max and look cool then look at the Sloptail.
(Of course I don't even like the looks of the Rocker)

Old 06-28-2009 | 07:46 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I personally would never choose a rocker over a fatbob. I could not enjoy a one hit wonder. The rocker will cost you handling and versatility over the fatbob. I would rather own a fatbob over any new Harley currently made today. A softail may get more oohs and ahhs from non riders and rubs.

Last edited by rounder; 06-28-2009 at 07:50 AM.
Old 06-28-2009 | 08:38 AM
stevengb
Road Warrior

I demo'd a rocker for about 20 miles....I wouldn't trade my Street Bob for it...if I was going to trade...it would be up to a Road Glide or Street Glide. The Rocker was just unimpressive from comfort to riding stance to handling in my opinion. Keep your Fat Bob....it's the better of the bikes.

Old 06-28-2009 | 01:15 PM
austinharley
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigJfxdwg
Dynas are for riders, Sloptails are for those who want to look like riders.

The FB will handle a lot better, be more comfy, and be overall a better bike if you bought it to ride. If you bought it to put on 5K/year max and look cool then look at the Sloptail.
(Of course I don't even like the looks of the Rocker)
I've had both a FXDWG and a Deuce. The Deuce was MUCH more comfortable to me than the Wide Glide, and I typically ride 20-25K miles/year, so Softails are NOT just about "looking cool". Since I typically ride over 300 days a year, I buy a bike first for comfort, especially with my severe back problems. To me, the Rocker C with the Heartland conversion is an extremely comfortable ride.

Old 06-29-2009 | 04:03 PM
FatBobBerry
|
Intermediate

Thanks for the help guys. I decided to keep my Fatbob.