Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXDF: Getting right side pass peg mount off

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009 | 07:10 AM
SMOKEin
|
Tourer

Thanks for all the info guys. Decided I would just put the project on hold and do it right. Ordered a JS jack, tank lift and since ill be taking fender off, might as well get some new rear mini led bullets and the tri-bar. Its a sickness I guess.

Thanks again for all the ideas. Allows me to bulk up the tool chest while im at it!!

Old 06-19-2009 | 07:16 AM
overhead
Outstanding HDF Member

It is probably best that way, I am just real hard headed. Talk about an excuse to bulk up the toolbox reminds me of how I ended up with a large air compressor and air tools. Someone gave me an old set of Snap on impact sockets. I figure well heck I have the sockets I *have* to get the air compressor and the tools now.

Old 06-19-2009 | 11:16 AM
grbrown
Club Member

I don't know the Fat Bob, but on my Dyna the passenger footrest assembly is held on behind the gearbox by two screws. They are right out of sight, but quite easy to get to. So if there is nothing currently hanging on either passenger peg you may be able to remove the whole thing from the bike and get at them on the bench. Hope that helps!

Old 06-19-2009 | 03:41 PM
VA Biker
Tourer

Funny I just last night was fighting this. I wanted to take off my passenger pegs and leave them off. So after fighting the right side one and finnally gettting it off. I go to the left and realize the same bracket that holds the peg holds the belt guard ,so I cant remove it. So I had to put the right one back on. Good grief.

Old 06-19-2009 | 04:53 PM
overhead
Outstanding HDF Member

I think I might have that bracket in my garage. I will have to dig through my parts pile to verify. Are you in VA?

Old 06-19-2009 | 04:57 PM
Tele00
Tourer

Originally Posted by VA Biker
Funny I just last night was fighting this. I wanted to take off my passenger pegs and leave them off. So after fighting the right side one and finnally gettting it off. I go to the left and realize the same bracket that holds the peg holds the belt guard ,so I cant remove it. So I had to put the right one back on. Good grief.
I took both off, Cut off the leg of the lt one with a cut off wheel, painted it flat black and reinstalled it and the belt guard.

Old 06-19-2009 | 05:11 PM
ColdCase
Road Warrior

You know, when I took mine off, the bike was on a jack, rear suspension extended. Perhaps there was enough clearance that I didn't notice a real problem. A few days ago somebody posted the part number of the $10 OEM bracket you need to support the belt guard,

Old 06-19-2009 | 10:34 PM
SMOKEin
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by overhead
It is probably best that way, I am just real hard headed. Talk about an excuse to bulk up the toolbox reminds me of how I ended up with a large air compressor and air tools. Someone gave me an old set of Snap on impact sockets. I figure well heck I have the sockets I *have* to get the air compressor and the tools now.
I still think its the best way. Ill be in the hole 500 dollars after the jack and a few new tools, but thats only 200 or so more than it would have cost the dealer to install. Having the right tools for the next job and getting to know ur bike is priceless.

Old 06-20-2009 | 01:34 AM
Ratbob
Road Master

You got your head in the right place Smokin! Every dollar you spend on a new tools is worth hundreds over the life of the bike, by doing your own work! OK, maybe a little exaggeration, but you get my point. From all reports on this form, that JS lift is ****.

Old 06-20-2009 | 09:27 AM
overhead
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by SMOKEin
I still think its the best way. Ill be in the hole 500 dollars after the jack and a few new tools, but thats only 200 or so more than it would have cost the dealer to install. Having the right tools for the next job and getting to know ur bike is priceless.
My opinion is you should buy a J and S or Pitbull lift so you don't end up like I did. Staring at the leaning tower of motorcycle in your garage for a week while a wheel is powder coated. I am spending the money on a good jack.

Quick Reply: FXDF: Getting right side pass peg mount off