Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another dumb MAP question

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 04:01 PM
EDZ82FXR
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my PCV and simply love it, I cant complain at all, the people at FuelMoto do a really nice Job and are really great to talk with and very informative...I wwas thinking of going with a pcIII then got talked into getting a PCV because it has more abilities etc...I also said I wasnt going to do any other mods too for a while, but I ALWAYS find something I want or will do..Just be happy with what you decide

Old 06-19-2009, 12:32 AM
m2kh8r
3rd Gear

So how about this?
I want to put Thunderheaders and an air filter on my 08 fatbob.
The dealer says i HAVE to get it Dyno tuned for an additional $500?!?
I, being an electrician, have no f$%&ing idea. just seems fishy after reading the last few pages.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:47 AM
EDZ82FXR
Road Captain

Originally Posted by m2kh8r
So how about this?
I, being an electrician, have no f$%&ing idea. just seems fishy after reading the last few pages.
Thats bull, you dont HAVE to get a dyno tune, but I would recommend some type of fuel management like a PCV or something along those lines..all a dyno tune is to get ur bike running to its top performance which is fine and all but what if you plan on doing more to the motor? Then you have to pay another 500 for tuning? I dont think so..just spend another 300 and get a PCV from FuelMoto and have them premap it for your bike they do a good job

Old 06-19-2009, 01:11 AM
Funkhousert
Cruiser

So how about this?
Buy a SERT or SEPRT and when you get the pipe installed and the air cleaner just email me and I will send you my file from my dyno...........

Also want to ask everyone else....WHY is there no mention of using the SEPRT or SERT as its all about the pcV?

Old 06-19-2009, 07:55 AM
phatman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Funkhousert
Buy a SERT or SEPRT and when you get the pipe installed and the air cleaner just email me and I will send you my file from my dyno...........

Also want to ask everyone else....WHY is there no mention of using the SEPRT or SERT as its all about the pcV?
As far as I know HD doesn't give you the software so you are able to load maps yourself. I believe they used to but not anymore. Probably cause it will bring in more $$$ to their dealers, since they have to do the "work".

Old 06-19-2009, 09:17 PM
Harley_RN
Road Captain

So how about this?

I've been reading all of these threads as well. I just got my Vance and Hines short shots today and there is a big sticker on the box with a "STOP" sign stating that I need to put some type of fuel management on my EFI controlled cycle. Stopped at a local dealership and got the same line from the service tech. He wanted to sell me the special HD fuel mapping... the screaming eagle air cleaner and then said I needed to have a couple hours of dyno time in order to make sure it all runs well. So from what the nightrider.com website states.. I can put my short shots on without doing anything because the EFI will run in it's loop pattern anyway ?

Also, what are the XIED's and what do you connect them to ?

Christian

Old 06-20-2009, 12:28 AM
Funkhousert
Cruiser

Originally Posted by phatman
As far as I know HD doesn't give you the software so you are able to load maps yourself. I believe they used to but not anymore. Probably cause it will bring in more $$$ to their dealers, since they have to do the "work".
I have to disagree because why would I but a HD Race Tuner without being able to load my own map. Hence the item description below

The newer SE PRO race tuner states this
"Also sold separately is Screamin' Eagle Pro Super Tuner software (P/N 32111-09). This software is required for all new 2009 model year updates for the Super Tuner EFI capabilities. Software includes new 2009 race use only calibrations along with all previous race use calibration software from '02-'08."

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SCREA...4506.m20.l1116

The baseline MAPS are something to get you CLOSE so that you can run your bike with your set up. By no means are those MAPS ever 100% perfect for each bike.

Old 06-20-2009, 06:36 AM
phatman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Funkhousert
I have to disagree because why would I but a HD Race Tuner without being able to load my own map. Hence the item description below

The newer SE PRO race tuner states this
"Also sold separately is Screamin' Eagle Pro Super Tuner software (P/N 32111-09). This software is required for all new 2009 model year updates for the Super Tuner EFI capabilities. Software includes new 2009 race use only calibrations along with all previous race use calibration software from '02-'08."

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SCREA...4506.m20.l1116

The baseline MAPS are something to get you CLOSE so that you can run your bike with your set up. By no means are those MAPS ever 100% perfect for each bike.

Like I said, as far as I knew. Thanks for schoolin me I'm pretty sure everyone knows that you can squeeze more power out of a bike by dyno tuning it, but for around $300 for a PCV with a map & unlimited support you can't go wrong< IMHO. Or in my case your even cheaper and find a deal on a used fuelpak and find out it works just fine. Could I get more power...... probably but I don't need it. If I wanted to fly around I would have bought a crotch rocket, again this is just my

Old 06-20-2009, 08:12 AM
pelliott6
Tourer

Originally Posted by maddghost
Bla Bla Bla! Yes the 07 and up bikes will run, lean,but at a loss of power and torque. These engines need backpressure to make power.You open the air flow and your backpressure is gone. And Mine was running pretty ok with Xied's, rush 1.75 and arlen ness BS- no low end torque tho! almost perfect with stage 1 HD download,then the pcV came along ,and i prefer the way it runs with rather than without! I had the pcV off for a couple days and really missed that extra kick!
Are you implying that an air filter that flows significantly more than the stock one is not a good thing I'm running the S&S (not hi-flow) but it still flows like 2X stock.

Does the pcV allow you to tweak throttle response, etc. or just download a map made by somebody else?

I would love to port my heads and put in a cam but the "remapping" @~1K has always put me off.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:12 AM
m2kh8r
3rd Gear

Ok so I went to 2 different HD dealers. One said they'd do a stage 1 download for $150, or race tuner and dyno tune for $1000. then i went to the shop I bought the bike from. The service writer, Bernie, told me they used to do the download deal but don't anymore. He said one of their customers had it done and kept burning up the rocker box, valves etc... after the third time they fixed it the guy got mad and thought the dealer was f@#$ing him around so he calls the Harley Davidson corporate offices to make a complaint. When asked if it was tuned he said "no i have the stg1 download." Corporate canceled his warranty before he hung up the phone.
I have come to the conclusion that I already spent $17k on a badass bike what's another $1000? I would hate to start pinching pennies now and screw up my ride AND risk voiding a pretty damn good warranty.
Some say that its a rip off and its not worth it. What IS worth it is knowing when something f#@%s up on my bike, they come pick it up, fix it, and bring it back to me. I'd hate to screw that up.