Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather Pro Saddlebags review (dialup warning pic heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 02:47 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Don51
Those are nice looking bags. I have the Boss Bags, but the docking mechanism is completely different than LeatherPros. I think I like the way the LeatherPros attach to the docking studs better than the Boss Bags. It looks like you can just push the bag straight onto the studs and then cam it down. Can you lock the LeatherPros right to the bike?
According to the leather pro website you can pad lock the bags to the bike

Old 08-02-2009, 06:16 PM
dmercer
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Duff
$699 American.
I'm hesitant to post this at the risk of making you feel bad, but I picked up the same bags from Jennie at Tri-County HD for $559 shipped.

Originally Posted by jaysonL
According to the leather pro website you can pad lock the bags to the bike
You can lock the bags shut, and also lock the bags on the bike. If I'm going to be away from my ride for quite a while, I've been putting the D-ring on my helmet through the lock as I lock the bags shut.

Originally Posted by jaysonL
Duff.... How did you get the qr sissy bar side plates to work with the bags ? The Leather Pro web site says that their mounts wont work with the qr. But, it will work with the regular Dyna side mount plates ?

That's not correct. Maybe I'll shoot them an email about that. When I ordered mine, I got 3 sets of bolts:
  1. Set #1 was for using the bags with no sissy bar
  2. Set #2 was for using the bags with a fixed sissy bar, and they came with small spacers to push the bags out just a bit, the bolts were slightly longer than set #1.
  3. Set #3 was for using the bags with the QR sissy bar, and were long bolts with no spacers. The docking points from the HD Sissy bar kit sit inside of the LP bag docks. I'm using these and had zero trouble with them.

Old 08-02-2009, 06:40 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^ dmercer...thanks ! Great info !

Old 11-16-2009, 07:41 PM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Hadn't seen this post before, someone quoted it fro the Leather Pro saddlebags. How have they held up? Do you still like them? They look good in the photos here, much better than they do on the Leather Pro website.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:23 AM
doublenaughtspy
Tourer

I just put these on my 08 Wide Glide. I don't know if I got an upgrade, but my set came with external locks for the bags. (no padlocks, they are actually keyed external locks). Trust me, these are the best bags for the $$$, and they're specifically designed for the Dyna series. Also, no turn signal relocation necessary...

Old 11-17-2009, 09:12 AM
Duff
Tourer

Originally Posted by sanlyn
Hadn't seen this post before, someone quoted it fro the Leather Pro saddlebags. How have they held up? Do you still like them? They look good in the photos here, much better than they do on the Leather Pro website.

They have held up very well. Still look brand new. Easy on easy off, clean look when they're gone. I would buy again in a heartbeat.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:14 AM
DGDyna
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by doublenaughtspy
... they're specifically designed for the Dyna series. Also, no turn signal relocation necessary...
This is directly off the Leather Pro web site:

"Prices include all mounting harware, (except for 06 and newer Street Bob, Low Rider and Superglide models which require some parts in HD kit #53961-06 at a cost of about $48 for proper installation), a set of keyed alike Masterlocks, (to lock the lids shut or lock bags to bike), leather care kit, and a pair of adjustable carrying straps. Most Dyna models require rear turn signal relocation

It looks like you don't have to move the signals on a Fat Bob but I'll have to for my '09 Super Glide. Different struts.

Great option though.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:22 AM
Streets of Fire
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

anyone have a picture of the adjustable carrying strap? I've been wanting something like that for my boss bags for some time now.

Old 11-17-2009, 12:19 PM
Duff
Tourer

Originally Posted by Streets of Fire
anyone have a picture of the adjustable carrying strap? I've been wanting something like that for my boss bags for some time now.
If I remember correctly they are just nylon (?) straps like you would find on a laptop bag or duffel bag and yes they came with locks.

Old 11-17-2009, 01:08 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I have the same bags on my bike. Some people have joked it's a Clown Car when they see all the stuff I pull out of the bags.

Quick Reply: Leather Pro Saddlebags review (dialup warning pic heavy)