Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Oil Cooler

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 11:05 AM
rewog
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley Oil Cooler

Does anyone know the id measurement of the HD oil cooler rubber lines. I'm needing to extend mine for a True-Track installation, and I only want to do the "oil catch" thing once.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:16 AM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1/4 or 5/16 i think. Would you please post some pics when you're done? I have a HD oil cooler as well and I am really interested how you're going to make it work with a tue trak. Don

Old 06-13-2009, 11:52 AM
rewog
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Cold Case" posted a thread on 5/20 called "Sputh & Oil Cooler" and I posted a pic of my new fabricated cooler mt. Cold Case notched his cooler mt, but I wanted to leave the factory mt stock. He also "rigged" the cooler on the perch, which I believe will not be enough clearance between the cooler and regulator since I have the chrome covers on both. My oil lines are pulled too tight with the combined thickness of the True-Track and the 5* forward bend above the motor mt, so I'm going to extend the oil lines about an inch.(there is still enough clearance between cooler and front fender) The mt. was easy to make(grinder w/cutting wheel, drill), had my local steel shop put 2 bends in it(5* above motor mt bolts and 65* for the "perch").

Attached Thumbnails Harley Oil Cooler-oil-cooler-mt.jpg  
Old 06-13-2009, 12:27 PM
NoLongerAmember
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is a link to the ColdCase thread so those who are intested in that mod.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...il-cooler.html

Old 06-13-2009, 01:46 PM
spiritwarrior
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Sputhe and oil cooler

Keep us posted. I just ordered a Sputhe but they are out of stock so I won't get it for about 5 weeks. I'm thinking about getting the Jagg oil cooler and mounting it higher up on the frame, out of the way of the Sputhe, also looking at just getting the Harley electric fan and relocating the horn. Lots of stop and go here in South Korea, so the oil cooler may not be the best route to go.

Sputhe folks very helpful and prompt. They don't keep a large inventory so I have to wait for mine to be made. If you had a machine shop, the thing would be easy to make but if your time is worth anything ordering it is cheaper.