Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Iron photo tips

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 04:46 PM
SuperFastGlide
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Luther OBanion
I am not trying to be mean or rude, but do you guys ever do anything but clean your bikes. I also am proud of my bike but I ride mine like I stole it. I do wash it ocasionally, but not to great detail like the description here. Like I said not to be mean spirted, they all look good.
i cant afford to let dirt eat away at my bike.. it only takes about 20 minutes to wash it and blow it dry with a leaf blower...

Old 06-16-2009, 06:30 PM
Dyna-Asa
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperFastGlide
i cant afford to let dirt eat away at my bike.. it only takes about 20 minutes to wash it and blow it dry with a leaf blower...
+1, I don't know why people equate a clean bike with not riding it, I ride every day and almost every time it rains all year long and you will rarely find it dirty.

I use a brush on a stick made for cleaning dishes, makes cleaning all the nooks and crannies easy and thorough, then I hit it with compressed air.

Harley has ONE thing above all other bikes, looks, keep it clean.

IMO
-Asa

Old 06-16-2009, 08:53 PM
FXDFan
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

YYYYYUP since mid April I have over 5,000 km (and a lot of them days were spent in the garage with unseasonably low temps) so I do like to ride as well.. just when I'm done I try and give it a quick wipe to get the bug juice off and then once a month or so give it a real good cleanising, more often if I get rained on...

Attached Thumbnails American Iron photo tips-puppysircharles-006.jpg   American Iron photo tips-bike-may-09-golf-may-09-puppies-may-09-045.jpg  
Old 06-16-2009, 11:42 PM
Zepfan
Advanced

Originally Posted by dhellyer08

not much of a background but the bike looks good.
Now THAT is an AWESOME looking bike. Damn.

-------------
'09 FXD, vivid black, 92rwhp, 104tq https://www.hdforums.com/forum/membe...per-glide.html

Old 06-17-2009, 12:46 AM
jwlehman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Took this one a few weeks ago under a highway overpass that had some graffiti...

Old 06-17-2009, 09:26 AM
Stanger
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jwlehman
Took this one a few weeks ago under a highway overpass that had some graffiti...

I like the this pic with a little bit of the graffiti in the background.
I have no idea if this means anything to anyone, but what i do is I go to the local fabric store (By the way, want a good laugh, walk into a fabric store with a tank top and leather vest on with full sleeve tattoos and watch all the ladies just about crap themselves, funniest thing), look for Muslin material in an off white. I get it big enough to cover the entire garage, and as tall as possible. Then I go home and hang it up against the garage then depending on which way your garage sits (mine faces West) you (like someone already said) do not want direct sunlight, so I take my pics real early in the morning. my sig pic was taken this way. Just a note, by the way the muslin is cheap, maybe 30 to 50 bucks for a huge piece.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:15 AM
pelliott6
Tourer

Originally Posted by jwlehman

excellent pic

Old 06-17-2009, 10:32 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

It was an informative article. Being patient with the lighting is what gets me every time.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:07 PM
pelliott6
Tourer

now that I got my new pipes I need to update my sig before that horse ***** all over me

Old 06-17-2009, 11:41 PM
Evil Stepdad
Road Captain

I don't know if it was that article or another one, but somewhere I read about taking pictures of small details instead of the whole bike. This is the only one I came up with that didn't have too much going on in the background.

Quick Reply: American Iron photo tips