Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H 2-into1 Big Rad Black pics?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 06:33 PM
jefx
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got a little seat time with them today.

I have a Thundermax w/autotune and I did not reprogram it after pipe install. It was set-up for stock headers and slip-ons with a Big Sucker a/c. There was no popping on decel, and no backfiring at all, but the engine seemed to run a bit hot. Hopefully the Autotune will optimize itself over the next few miles.

Holy **** did they smoke when I fired it up the first time! I thought that they might catch fire! I'm not exaggerating. It was a scary sight....smelly too.
As far as sound, they're not much louder than my Cycle Shack slip-ons were, especially at idle, but it's a more pleasing sound. The CS slip-ons had a tighter, raspier sound...... and the Big Rads have an open, fuller sound. The Big Rads sound more like a trick muscle car and make the engine sound larger, but IMO the slip ons had a racier sound. Overall, I like the Big Rad sound better.

As far as performance goes....I can't tell any difference. The open sound of the BR's makes it seem like your going faster and harder, but I don't think there is really much difference......maybe that will change with time on the autotune.

I really dig the look! although I'm sure it's not for everyone.

Here's some pics:

Old 06-17-2009, 06:46 PM
jefx
Tourer

The big, fat, black single pipe look reminds me of a diesel engine stack....like something you'd see on a Caterpillar dozer......I dig it.

There are a couple minor disappointments I have with the pipe. I mentioned the fragility of the finish....well here's a couple pics of what I meant:

The first is where I rubbed the passenger peg, and the second is where my smooth ratchet extension made contact while tightening the head bolts.

It doesn't take much to scratch this finish, I hope it holds up to normal use.

Also, the fitment of the rear heat shield is a little off.....or maybe it's the rear header heat shield.....either way, there is more of a gap than I'd like to see. Maybe I'll be able to adjust that a little better with more effort, but my first few attempts haven't been very successful. I wasn't expecting that from a $700 pipe.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:18 PM
jwlehman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think with a little adjustment u should be able to improve the fitment on that gap. Very nice! I can't believe the finish is that delicate.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:51 AM
ziptang383
Stage IV

I love the pipes. Heat shield also is a bit off on mine, can't get it much closer. Sounds awesome & I'm diggin the whole look. The pipe draws attention to your bike...LOVE IT

Attached Thumbnails V&H 2-into1 Big Rad Black pics?-dsc01382resized.jpg   V&H 2-into1 Big Rad Black pics?-dsc01381resized.jpg  
Old 06-18-2009, 08:03 PM
ngoti8tor
Outstanding HDF Member

Lookin real good!

Old 06-18-2009, 10:36 PM
SMOKEin
Tourer

Originally Posted by ziptang383
I love the pipes. Heat shield also is a bit off on mine, can't get it much closer. Sounds awesome & I'm diggin the whole look. The pipe draws attention to your bike...LOVE IT
nice paint!! lets see some more.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:55 PM
Blackened
Cruiser

I really like the look, I was never much for the look of the 2-1, but after seeing your pics, i'm reconsidering things. Nice ride.

Old 06-19-2009, 04:33 PM
ngoti8tor
Outstanding HDF Member

These are a great pipe, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again.

Attached Thumbnails V&H 2-into1 Big Rad Black pics?-img_0339.jpg  
Old 06-19-2009, 04:51 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Id get em pc in gloss black...but they do look great on your ride!!

Old 06-19-2009, 05:42 PM
Danny D
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really dig the V&H black 2-1, it looks great! I am looking on the web for a company that will ceramic paint my Python 2-1. From what I understand you don't want to powder coat them.

"Black is where its at" and I'm headed in that direction.
Danny D

Attached Thumbnails V&H 2-into1 Big Rad Black pics?-black-back.jpg  

Quick Reply: V&H 2-into1 Big Rad Black pics?