Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My bike has never ridden better...

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 02:38 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default My bike has never ridden better...

I just thought I'd throw this thread out there. It's just my opinion as we all have different feels and expectations from our bikes. But, I have to say, mine has never ridden better in the 2.5 years I've had it. I just took a short trip to the other side of town to get a haircut. The wind is dead and the temp is nice and warm and I was able to relax and feel the bike and listen to the engine.

The reason I bring this up is because I've seen some people say that Progressive 412 shocks don't really do a lot to improve the ride or that the 180 tire doesn't improve the ride or handling or even makes it worse. I have noticed nothing but improvement in ride and handling, first when I installed the shocks (Prog 412 HD), then when I added the SE 180 tire, and now that I have had Amsoil put in all 3 holes, it's even better as far as running and shifting goes. All that has put the "glide" in my super glide.

Old 06-09-2009, 04:05 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

super! We do go gaga over the gals in our lives!

Old 06-09-2009, 06:28 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Glad to hear Greg. I can't wait to get out of here so I can get home and do some riding!

Old 06-09-2009, 06:44 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by jakeiniraq
Glad to hear Greg. I can't wait to get out of here so I can get home and do some riding!
I hear ya man. I need a little luck with my scheduling lately. I got home from 7 days on the road for work this past Friday when my bro-in-law calls me and invites me on a group run across the James River Ferry and over to Williamsburg Virginia on Saturday. Couldn't make because of all the catching up I had to do from being gone. Then he calls me yesterday to tell me what a good ride they had and says they are heading to the VA mountains, weather permitting, this coming weekend. But, I've already got plans to take the wife off for the weekend (not on the bike). I'm ready for a road trip. With the seat, the bars, and the new extended forward controls, I finally have this thing fitting me like a glove and it's such a dream to ride now (not that it was that bad before). I'm raring to go.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:44 PM
SMOKEin
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you found the "sweet spot".

Old 06-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Topspin
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Could be the nut behind the handlebars.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:29 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 2007fxdc
I just thought I'd throw this thread out there. It's just my opinion as we all have different feels and expectations from our bikes. But, I have to say, mine has never ridden better in the 2.5 years I've had it. I just took a short trip to the other side of town to get a haircut. The wind is dead and the temp is nice and warm and I was able to relax and feel the bike and listen to the engine.

The reason I bring this up is because I've seen some people say that Progressive 412 shocks don't really do a lot to improve the ride or that the 180 tire doesn't improve the ride or handling or even makes it worse. I have noticed nothing but improvement in ride and handling, first when I installed the shocks (Prog 412 HD), then when I added the SE 180 tire, and now that I have had Amsoil put in all 3 holes, it's even better as far as running and shifting goes. All that has put the "glide" in my super glide.
Nice to hear. What AMSOIL are you running in each hole?

Old 06-09-2009, 10:39 PM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats what it's all about! And 2007fxdc, your bike looks better & better every time I see it!

Old 06-09-2009, 11:30 PM
Glydiator
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I love the look of that bike. That seat, tank lift, and bar combo is pretty sweet.
And it feels good to you most of all.

I also changed to Amsoil (20/50 for those of you asking) ....and immediately noticed a better sounding more defined shift.

A little harder to hit neutral... but have mastered that now. I just stop, (after downshifting properly...lol ) up shift to second, then push back into first and slide my foot off the side of the shifter... the momentum on the rebound is just enough to make it pop itself into neutral.

happened to discover that by mistake.....sort of like whether the little lady could get pregnant or not.

I mistakenly discovered that 3 times ... but hey.. I'm a quick learner

Old 06-10-2009, 08:09 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

Let's see, according to my work order receipt, I bought 4 units of Amsoil 20w50 and 1 unit of Amsoil 75w90 gear lube.

As for finding neutral, I never really had a problem finding it before but it seems much easier now and there's a LOT less clunking going on when shifting. I can easily find neutral now when upshifting from first or downshifting from second whereas before, it was almost impossible to hit N from 2nd.

Quick Reply: My bike has never ridden better...