Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Satellite radio install

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 07:48 PM
dbcoooper
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Satellite radio install

Hey guy's I recently added satellite radio but am having trouble finding a location to put the magnetic antenna. Right now it is attached to a bolt on the side of the brake reservior (arrow in picture) it works great at this location, but I am not happy with how it looks there.

Anyone have any other locations to place it that will give it open access to the sky.

Thanks,

DB

Attached Thumbnails Satellite radio install-img00027-20090523-1453.jpg  
Old 06-08-2009, 08:00 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Not sure which radio you got but do they have an antenna that is longer and sleeker? Check aftermarket. It may be able to fit on the edge of the windshield.

Old 06-09-2009, 02:50 PM
GREENOHAWK69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 574 Likes on 345 Posts

You should have received a bracket that has a 90* bend in it...so the antenna mounts parallel with the ground. That is what I have and is located in a similar area as yours.

Old 06-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Chief40al
Road Captain

What radio did you use?

Old 06-09-2009, 05:24 PM
dbcoooper
Cruiser

Guys I installed a stilleto II. There was no L shaped bracket in the box. I am thinking the best place for it is on top of the brake fluid res... thinking maybe some stick tac as there there is no magnetic connection there.

db

Old 06-09-2009, 05:29 PM
RandyS
Tourer

What kind of speaker system do you use to play the music...or do you just use earbuds with this....- what about running it to the back fender....might stick nice and look not bad ( can run wire under seat and locate anten. right behind the seat bolt)

Old 06-09-2009, 06:40 PM
dbcoooper
Cruiser

Originally Posted by RandyS
What kind of speaker system do you use to play the music...or do you just use earbuds with this....- what about running it to the back fender....might stick nice and look not bad ( can run wire under seat and locate anten. right behind the seat bolt)
Hi RandyS I am just using noise cancelling ear buds. I tried to put it back there but with the rack and any addtional luggage there is no place for a clear view of the sky. I am thinking I might be stuck with having to get it up high near the mirror ect...

Old 06-09-2009, 09:00 PM
RKLeo
Road Master
Received 102 Likes on 27 Posts

They have antenna headphones. You could wear it on your head. I was thinking of getting the stilletto 2 but I didnt want to deal with the antenna and I want a kick *** amp and speakers to go with it.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:38 PM
ta2ed
Advanced

yu dont reallt need to have a super clear view of the sky. i had a scion tc and the only place i could find to put mine was on the windshield frame and it was vertical instead of horizontal and i never had an issue. im about to add it to my dyna as well i was just gonna fish the wire and secure it to the back of my license plate.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:30 PM
jcopel
Cruiser

Originally Posted by TIDE
They have antenna headphones. You could wear it on your head. I was thinking of getting the stilletto 2 but I didnt want to deal with the antenna and I want a kick *** amp and speakers to go with it.
I have the stilletto II with the antenna headphones. You can plug earbuds (or speakers) into the stilletto along with the antenna headphones. I wear a helmet with the earbuds and placed the antenna headphones around my neck with the antenna to the back of my neck. It picked up fine. If you mount the stiletto to your bike, you may be able to mount the headphone antenna to the top of a fork bag or sissy bar.
I found an inexpensive handlebar mount for an ipod at this website - www.mountguys.com. They do a lot of custom stuff - they might make something for your setup.

Quick Reply: Satellite radio install