Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Satellite radio install

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 12:22 PM
GREENOHAWK69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 574 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by dbcoooper
Guys I installed a stilleto II. There was no L shaped bracket in the box. I am thinking the best place for it is on top of the brake fluid res... thinking maybe some stick tac as there there is no magnetic connection there.

db
I would suggest going back to where you purchased your radio or call customer service and explain to them that you don't have a "L" bracket. I purchased to cycle radio kits and they both came with an "L" bracket, as well as, the flat bracket you have installed.

I have the Sirius ST4 model.

Old 06-10-2009, 01:28 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I usually run them along the upper tubes, down the front town tube, or on the touring bikes just along the fender rails... works great. i would show you pics but i simply have never taken any!

Old 06-11-2009, 11:20 PM
dbcoooper
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TIDE
They have antenna headphones. You could wear it on your head. I was thinking of getting the stilletto 2 but I didnt want to deal with the antenna and I want a kick *** amp and speakers to go with it.
The head phones are kinda big and bulky. I use the buds because I doubt I could hear any sound over the wind and pipes... maybe if it was cranked up

db

Old 06-11-2009, 11:27 PM
dbcoooper
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jcopel
I have the stilletto II with the antenna headphones. You can plug earbuds (or speakers) into the stilletto along with the antenna headphones. I wear a helmet with the earbuds and placed the antenna headphones around my neck with the antenna to the back of my neck. It picked up fine. If you mount the stiletto to your bike, you may be able to mount the headphone antenna to the top of a fork bag or sissy bar.
I found an inexpensive handlebar mount for an ipod at this website - www.mountguys.com. They do a lot of custom stuff - they might make something for your setup.
not sure of your set up but I tried that and found that I could not pick up a signal with the radio attached to the car kit using the head phones as an antenna. Not sure why. Works great with the car kit though.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:12 PM
jcopel
Cruiser

Originally Posted by dbcoooper
not sure of your set up but I tried that and found that I could not pick up a signal with the radio attached to the car kit using the head phones as an antenna. Not sure why. Works great with the car kit though.
Mine was not attached to the car kit when I've used it on the bike. My antenna hadphones have the rectangular shaped plug in that will not plug into my car kit. I actually used this on my Sporty that did not have a sissy bar at all, but with the backrest pad on my Dyna, I can bungy the antenna (headphones) to the back rest and use my earbuds to listen.

Does yours look like this? Actually, I just realized that I have the Stilletto 100...

Attached Thumbnails Satellite radio install-pict4814.jpg   Satellite radio install-pict4818.jpg   Satellite radio install-pict4820.jpg  
Old 06-13-2009, 01:37 AM
dbcoooper
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jcopel
Mine was not attached to the car kit when I've used it on the bike. My antenna hadphones have the rectangular shaped plug in that will not plug into my car kit. I actually used this on my Sporty that did not have a sissy bar at all, but with the backrest pad on my Dyna, I can bungy the antenna (headphones) to the back rest and use my earbuds to listen.

Does yours look like this? Actually, I just realized that I have the Stilletto 100...
The head phones are the same but I still get lousy reception using them... I also wanted to make use of the powerlet set up I bought, so I went with the car kit install. It was super easy to install, just having trouble locating the antenna.
db