Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Madd's Bub 7

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 07:00 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Madd's Bub 7

Apologies guys for taking an extra day to get this up, but at least it's here! I mentioned thanks in my nearly 2 minute video to some HDF members , and forgot to mention AdrianVall for egging me on which definitely helped. Actually on that note I mistekenly named adrian archergodwin who wasn't there Friday,but has helped me in the past so thank you to him and all the amazing people who have helped me this past year. I have learned so much here it is just unfathomable! Mudpuddle , Wingnut55, and SH_01FXDWG for their expert advice and coaching without which I would have most likely scrapped at least 1 pair of header gaskets. Which incidentally I got in with my thumbs and once they were stated used a 12" piece of 3/4" quarter round (the kind from home depot that you nail to the floor of your house) and tapped 'em in slowly and evenly until they sat flush against the manifold.
I've got no leaking or popping on decel and it all seams solid as a rock,I'll check my flange nuts today. Those Bubs are loud as heck man,I have passed a couple of LEO's and so far so good, but I am driving more cautiously in cities and towns not to pi$$ anybody off and start gtting tickets. I love the way they look on my bike and I'll tell ya the quality of materials used makes my HD oem pipes look like a joke. In comparison the metal used on the bubs is at least twice as thick . I can't tell if that is a fact but seemingly for sure.
It would absoloutely break my heart to have to take these off for legal issues and I'm going to get on the horn tomorrow with bub and see if i can have them quieted down some,I'd rather spend a little more money and loose a little power but keep the pipes!

Apologies for the sound quality of course it was just too loud for the camera to handle which is why when I rev the sound just cuts out. But you have a pretty good Idea since I have to raise my voice to speak!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRhJK...layer_embedded

Last edited by maddghost; 06-10-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:11 AM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!! Now aren't ya glad you bought them now?! Haha they look AWESOME and sound even better! I'm very impressed with how they sound, and thats only a video so I can imagine they sound WAY better in person. Good job on getting them on yourself too! Pretty sick!

Old 06-07-2009, 02:28 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Very cool Madd. Many happy miles with the new exhaust.

Old 06-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Funkhousert
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn...ya just HAD to go and post that vid didnt ya.
Now Im thinking about that BUB and tossing this Thunderheader!
T H A N K S

That pipe looks very nice on your scoot and sound great even though its new. Enjoy your ride now with the new sound and new power you will feel when you crack open that throttle.

Old 06-07-2009, 04:28 PM
heywood727
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gotta love the Bub 7"s.

Put them on the 08 RG TD's and liked them so much, put the Bub Slipon's on the 09 Street Bob. Nice look to them being rolled off to the 4 o'clock position. Weird thing is the slipon's seem louder than the TD's?

Your gonna have a blast with them. They sound so much better in person. They also get alot of attention when you get to bike night. A sound to their own.

Old 06-07-2009, 04:45 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by heywood727
Gotta love the Bub 7"s.

Weird thing is the slipon's seem louder than the TD's?
I think that's because your true duals scream out behind your back wheel,and underneath the baggs,beleee me anyone behind you knows where you are!

Last edited by maddghost; 06-07-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:38 PM
moosh
Road Captain

look and sound good

Old 06-07-2009, 07:55 PM
Ratbob
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad you got 'em on right Madd! Sounds sweet, thanks for the vid clip - eh!

Old 06-07-2009, 09:32 PM
WingNut55
Banned

They Sound good Mad ...Good Job ..

Old 06-08-2009, 12:26 PM
stic2it
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The bub's sound like the rine's right?

Quick Reply: Madd's Bub 7