Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Madd's Bub 7

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 01:27 PM
heywood727
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stic2it
The bub's sound like the rine's right?
Yes and no. More of a deep sound. They're as loud (approx. 96 db's according to some reports) but different. Not as tinny as the Duncan Hine's but not quite as deep as a Thunderheader.

Great at idle and a hell of a "kick in the pants" bark when you get on it. They sound even better on a big inch build. There's a vid on you tube where they started the 124" bike from the cover of JP cycles catalog with these on it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxFWWI3rPq4

Great video.

Last edited by heywood727; 06-08-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:42 PM
SH_01FXDWG
Road Master

Nice job!! Enjoy!

Old 06-08-2009, 07:52 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Little follow up here guys,when I wind near the top of 2nd,and do a fast shift I'll get a sharp backfire ,not too loud but it's deffo there, just one and only top of 2nd. I can give her **** in any other gear and no popping or BF. And the actual stainless steel header pipes are very shiny dark blue, not the heat shields there still normal! Does all of this seem normal or am I a little off?

Old 06-08-2009, 11:21 PM
heywood727
Road Master

The backfire sometimes might be a exhaust leak but I doubt it. It sounds like your a little lean.

I had this happen with the Bub's when I first got them. Stepped header that ended up pulling the exhaust out a little faster.

I ended up with a heatscore on the heatshield of the front cylinder. Brad at Bub customer service replaced it free of charge. They did want to know what kind of fuel management I was running.

This happened in the first 100 miles. The header under the heatshield was the same as what your describing. Dark blue. I still have the pictures that I had to send for proof.

I suggest you get a hold of Jamie and get some fuel managment on there. It sounds like a lean condition IMHO.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:46 AM
Funkhousert
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by heywood727
The backfire sometimes might be a exhaust leak but I doubt it. It sounds like your a little lean.

I suggest you get a hold of Jamie and get some fuel managment on there. It sounds like a lean condition IMHO.

I will second that suggestion. A "touch" lean maybe. If its only at that point it isnt bad. Also try different octane of fuel or just a different station for fuel and see if it still occurs.
I had the same thing in my TH after my dyno "tune". Talked to another dealers tuner and he told me to richen it up a "touch" and where to do it on my SERT MAP. It worked thus far but will wait to see how it handles in the hotter weather too.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:12 AM
WingNut55
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Mad.. It may be a touch of unburnt fuel with the quick shift also, I couldnt tell unless I put it on the Dyno. But does it Pop with a reg shift ? At wide open throttle your around 13.2 so it's throwing alot of fuel.. I have no Idea how Jamie set's up his preloaded maps.. Ride it down and I'll throw it on the Dyno..

Originally Posted by maddghost
Little follow up here guys,when I wind near the top of 2nd,and do a fast shift I'll get a sharp backfire ,not too loud but it's deffo there, just one and only top of 2nd. I can give her **** in any other gear and no popping or BF. And the actual stainless steel header pipes are very shiny dark blue, not the heat shields there still normal! Does all of this seem normal or am I a little off?

Old 06-17-2009, 09:10 AM
shawn e.
Road Master

Nice, that pipe looks and sounds great!

Shawn

Old 06-17-2009, 09:56 AM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They're great and look good too. I'm pretty sold on Bub, Rinehart exhaust. I've got Rinehart slip-ons and everytime I fire the bike up, someone asks me about the exhaust. If, when, I do an exchange, it will be Bub or Rinehart.