Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Riser Extensions on 08 SB

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 08:43 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Installed Riser Extensions on 08 SB

I got a set of the 2" riser extensions from one of the forum members here - Loner. They are really nice; easy install no mods required. they look really nice - only thing is because of the angle that the integrated part of the riser on the triple tree the pullback is more than I expected.....now I gotta crank the bars prett far forward to get the reach I like....looks a little weird; gonna take some getting used to...........the height is perfect though - might end up just going to 2" longer bars but for now this is awesome.

Here's some pics:

Attached Thumbnails Installed Riser Extensions on 08 SB-street-bob-012.jpg   Installed Riser Extensions on 08 SB-street-bob-013.jpg   Installed Riser Extensions on 08 SB-street-bob-014.jpg   Installed Riser Extensions on 08 SB-street-bob-015.jpg   Installed Riser Extensions on 08 SB-street-bob-017.jpg  

Old 06-06-2009, 10:43 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member

just bumping this to make sure Loner gets full credit for his excellent workmanship....anyone looking for a solution to the lame integrated risers on the 08 & 09 SBs should look him up

Old 06-07-2009, 02:36 AM
Black No.1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wires and cables long enough for +2" longer bars? risers do look a little weird. stupid intrgrated risers.

Old 06-07-2009, 04:05 AM
Funkhousert
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude they look really sweet. I have to get some of these as well and now that you say it makes more of a pullback I really want to try them out. If I dont like them I can go back to stock. Plus if I ever get new bars than I know how high I would like to go as well.

I still have the risers link saved so when I am ready I can pull the trigger and hope he still has some left.

thanks for the update on this product.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:09 AM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Black No.1
wires and cables long enough for +2" longer bars? risers do look a little weird. stupid intrgrated risers.
ya - it was no problem with the 2 inch risers so going back to the stock clamps and a 2" longer bar will be the same thing. I didn't even have to realign any wires or cables.....if I spent a little time fiddling around I could prolly get some more slack and go even taller without any changes.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:14 AM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Funkhousert
Dude they look really sweet. I have to get some of these as well and now that you say it makes more of a pullback I really want to try them out. If I dont like them I can go back to stock. Plus if I ever get new bars than I know how high I would like to go as well.

I still have the risers link saved so when I am ready I can pull the trigger and hope he still has some left.

thanks for the update on this product.
you should get a set......he was showing as out of stock for the 2"ers on ebay but I contacted him directly and he sent some right out....he's in washington state too (I see you're from seattle) so you'd prolly get em next day. They're a 10 minute install so you can always go back to stock if the height isn't right.

Oh and btw - it helps to have a second set of hands cuz the risers wont stay put in the trees on their own. I had my daughter stand in front of the bike and hold the handlebars once I removed the clamps. Then I put the extensions in, placed the bars and had her hold it all steady while I put the clamps on. worked fine but would have been a hassle without the extra hands.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:21 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,948 Likes on 1,932 Posts

Tom fhere. I like the way the bars look pushed forward like that. Just my .02.

Regards,
Tom
Harley Goodies

Old 06-07-2009, 10:29 AM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by HarleyGoodies
Tom fhere. I like the way the bars look pushed forward like that. Just my .02.

Regards,
Tom
Harley Goodies
thanks. this was one of the ideas submitted many times to your ideas thread.....If you go ahead with manufacturing them it might be an idea to figure a way to get em to straight up off the tree rather than following the angle of the existing clamp....you could offer em both ways (pullback and straight) as an option. No idea how you'd do it and still have em look clean but thats why I work for the gov't and you design harley parts I guess.....

Old 06-07-2009, 10:32 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

looks killer. I much prefer the look of a tall riser with stock or 12" apes as opposed to adding taller apes(14-18") myself.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:00 AM
RED_5
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

Do you have a link for these risers?
What was the price and does he make them in different sizes?

Quick Reply: Installed Riser Extensions on 08 SB