Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Greetings from Afghanistan (new guy)

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009 | 09:30 AM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter
Veteran: Navy

Welcome to the forum. Despite what your Commander-in-Chief is telling the world, thank you for keeping America the greatest country in the world.

Old 06-05-2009 | 09:30 AM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by AirborneWrench
PM sent, I appreciate it! btw my wife lived in racine for a few years when she was a kid. I hear alot of stories from that neck of the woods.
That clinches it, you are from here and if you ever are close you are welcome to stop by. We'll go to The Bunker and hoist a couple. Stay safe.

Old 06-05-2009 | 09:36 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks for the support everyone, Yeah I have had my eye on a fatbob for a while now, just now got all my other projects I accrued after my last deployment to a level im happy with so i finally talked myself into gettin one, the thing that makes me mad is they dropped black pearl this year, and I would have to take delivery on the last available 09s at the latest september, leaving me paying full coverage on a dust collector for my garage. I was hoping for something similar, not the crazy blue sparkle denim that they ended up coming with (black ice denim), so i guess im gonna have to join the flat black masses. No offense I do love the black denim dont get me wrong, im just gonna have to find some other ways to make my scoot unique i guess!

btw JakeinIraq what area you in? I was south of bdad around iskandarya and babylon from sept 2006 untill thanksgiving 2007
Hey Jake, I sent you a Private Message.

Old 06-05-2009 | 09:39 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member

only thing keepin the ol bank card in the wallet right now is I promised the wife could get her new livin room furniture If I got my bob. Im just hopin that she finds a nice sofa set in black leather and chrome...
There's always a pay off, isn't there...mine only cost me a remodeled 1st floor...with furniture...LOL

Old 06-05-2009 | 09:41 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member

Welcome aboard and thanks!!

Old 06-05-2009 | 10:15 AM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member

Welcome to the forums from so cal....thanx for your service!!

Old 06-05-2009 | 10:19 AM
marinepilot81
Tourer

Jake, I'm heading to Afghanistan to fly 53Ds. Let me know if you need a ride haha!

Old 06-05-2009 | 11:04 AM
AirborneWrench
|
Novice

Originally Posted by marinepilot81
Jake, I'm heading to Afghanistan to fly 53Ds. Let me know if you need a ride haha!
Lol unless you can get me a ride home i cant think of many good reasons for me to end up on a bird, never know may end up bumpin into each other though ive found out the deployment world is pretty small

Old 06-05-2009 | 11:40 AM
DGDyna
Tourer

Maybe not that small. JakeInIraq and I were supposed to meet up in VBC/Baghdad somewhere but we never got our schedules in sync.

Lots of current military guys in this forum. Ya never know when they'll grab one of us again and send him your way!

Old 06-05-2009 | 12:00 PM
2XNightTrain
Road Master

Hey how yall doin? Im Jake, I'm an ARMY wheeled vehicle mechanic based out of Fort Richardson, AK, currently deployed to Afghanistan, I'm originally from southern Illinois. I come from a pretty big riding family, Dads a member of PGR, brother rides a Night Train, Ive been ridin sport bikes for the last few years now, but decided It was time to jump on somethinthat can carry me and the ol lady to parts of Alaska further than an hour from Anchorage. I just reserved myself a 2010 Fat Bob and can't wait till next year when I will finally get a chance to throw a leg over her. Till then ill just keep adding to the parts catalog that is my future mod list, browse through the under 20 buck idea section (ive already made it through about 35 pages as a lurker) and get some knowlege from and maybe share some stories with you good people, thanks for your time,
Jake

Sup bro! I just got back from Bagram about 28 days ago. Former Marine and currently AF reservist here now. Keep your head down and on a swivel especially outside the wire. Thanks for your service! Huaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Quick Reply: Greetings from Afghanistan (new guy)