Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Greetings from Afghanistan (new guy)

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009 | 07:20 AM
K9pusher
Tourer

Welcome to forums man! You've found the best place on the internet to help you spend all the money your gonna make while in the 'stan.

Old 06-05-2009 | 07:33 AM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member

Welcome from Nawlins!! Be safe.

Old 06-05-2009 | 07:43 AM
AirborneWrench
|
Novice

Thanks for the support everyone, Yeah I have had my eye on a fatbob for a while now, just now got all my other projects I accrued after my last deployment to a level im happy with so i finally talked myself into gettin one, the thing that makes me mad is they dropped black pearl this year, and I would have to take delivery on the last available 09s at the latest september, leaving me paying full coverage on a dust collector for my garage. I was hoping for something similar, not the crazy blue sparkle denim that they ended up coming with (black ice denim), so i guess im gonna have to join the flat black masses. No offense I do love the black denim dont get me wrong, im just gonna have to find some other ways to make my scoot unique i guess!

btw JakeinIraq what area you in? I was south of bdad around iskandarya and babylon from sept 2006 untill thanksgiving 2007

Old 06-05-2009 | 07:59 AM
Royce
Stellar HDF Member

Jake, First of all, thanks for your service. I served 22 years in the Army and as a tanker, know that mechanics are some of the hardest working folks around. Second, congrats on your new Dyna purchase and welcome to the family. Be safe over there and get home soon.

HOOAH!!!!

Old 06-05-2009 | 08:22 AM
DGDyna
Tourer

First - Stay safe so you can come home and enjoy the bike.

I got back to the states in January after 10 months in Iraq. Bought my Super Glide in September and couldn't wait to take delivery.

Start saving money now. There's lots of great things to spend it on!

Old 06-05-2009 | 08:51 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member

Welcome to the forums Jake. Keep your head about ya, and come back to ride with us next year!

Old 06-05-2009 | 09:06 AM
WildBillAce2
Road Master

Welcome to the forums Jake! No doubt the folks here will do their best to help you spend your combat pay on the new bob!

Old 06-05-2009 | 09:10 AM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member

Welcome and as others have said, Thanks. Local VVA chapter has care packages with no names on them, they are usually reserved for local troops that are deployed, but I bet IL is close enough to count as being from here. Besides I know the person in charge. PM me with an address if you wish and I will pass it on. Thanks again

Old 06-05-2009 | 09:12 AM
AirborneWrench
|
Novice

Originally Posted by WildBillAce2
Welcome to the forums Jake! No doubt the folks here will do their best to help you spend your combat pay on the new bob!
Like I need any help with that! lol i already got a vision of what I want it to look like, but I will definately be coming to the experts here for advice on the best products to use to get er there, only thing keepin the ol bank card in the wallet right now is I promised the wife could get her new livin room furniture If I got my bob. Im just hopin that she finds a nice sofa set in black leather and chrome...

Old 06-05-2009 | 09:15 AM
AirborneWrench
|
Novice

Originally Posted by vet767
Welcome and as others have said, Thanks. Local VVA chapter has care packages with no names on them, they are usually reserved for local troops that are deployed, but I bet IL is close enough to count as being from here. Besides I know the person in charge. PM me with an address if you wish and I will pass it on. Thanks again
PM sent, I appreciate it! btw my wife lived in racine for a few years when she was a kid. I hear alot of stories from that neck of the woods.

Quick Reply: Greetings from Afghanistan (new guy)