Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

se street performance

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 12:10 AM
cmonster
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default se street performance

heres the deal,bought a set of se-street performance muffs{80493-07} on fleabay-my fuel pak has a setting for these but only with stock baffles-my baffles were cut by original owner of pipes-does any on have maybe a pic of what these baffles are supposed to look like?-have a set they want to sell,orknow where i might locate some?or a set of se they want to sell-- im trying to keep bike on the quiet side and have read these are too quiet for some folk!sounds just right for me

Old 06-05-2009, 07:29 AM
Richinlc
Cruiser

iits very hard to see what they look like inside most like ly all he did was cut a hole in the wall in the beginning of the pipe..motor side..all you would have to do is plug it by welding it or something...I have the same muffs and am trying to get aset of bct baffels for them...if I can get my original baffels out in one piece ill send them to you if you still need them..the baffels don't come out easy at all on these pipes tho..good luck and let me know ,Mudd

Old 06-05-2009, 09:49 AM
cmonster
Tourer
Default se performance

hey Mudd -what he did was to actually cut the baffle shorter about 6 in. or so- your right,there a bear to get out but it can be done .i finally made a hooked rod to fit in the holes of baffle ,attached vice grips to it and tapped em out with a hammer,easier to do while still on bike.Id be more than happy to buy your set if you get em out,let me know and ill PM my adress-thanks dude

Old 06-05-2009, 12:44 PM
Uquackmeup
Tourer

BCT has a picture of the stock SE baffle on their page.
http://www.bigcitythunder.com/pages/screamin-eagle.html

Ron

Old 06-05-2009, 05:07 PM
Richinlc
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cmonster
hey Mudd -what he did was to actually cut the baffle shorter about 6 in. or so- your right,there a bear to get out but it can be done .i finally made a hooked rod to fit in the holes of baffle ,attached vice grips to it and tapped em out with a hammer,easier to do while still on bike.Id be more than happy to buy your set if you get em out,let me know and ill PM my adress-thanks dude
you could try packing them with some of the fiberglass packing that im sure was removed that would tone it down a bit..if i can tomorrow ill be attempting yet again to pull my baffles out.. ill let you know good luck , MUDD

Old 06-05-2009, 11:19 PM
cmonster
Tourer

Yup,you guessed it-no packing so i went ahead and repacked em-still to noisy/harsh-i love loud bikes but after years of running heavy equip and driving truck quiet sounds good Ron thanks for the link-the bct baffles look good but not in the budget for now

Last edited by cmonster; 06-05-2009 at 11:29 PM. Reason: addition