Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ticket :-(

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 01:12 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Is it me or are these "crackdown on loud pipes" becoming more prevalent. Like society is saying once again "we don't want motorcycles around". How about a crackdown on Black american presidents who continue to spend our money on companies that are 80billion in the hole???

Old 06-04-2009, 01:43 PM
firefighterdug
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amen to that!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-04-2009, 07:13 PM
RKLeo
Road Master
Received 102 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by yso191
What a terrible thing to discover about oneself. Guess i should write myself a ticket to punish my suckiness, then just go to bed.

Hanging my head in shame...

Steve
Dont feel bad, just imagine a world without cops. We need you guys!!!

Old 06-04-2009, 08:58 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Every single community in the USA is short on cash......property values fall, so do the taxes they collect. For every job lossed, the city coffers come up short, and they dont likd to lay off "government employees or reduce their benefits...... so..... to balance budgets, all Uniformed officers in your State, County, City, Township, Village, etc......you name it have been informed to start enforcing more infractions and INCREASE REVENUE'S BY WRITING MORE TICKETS. ...... so broken headlight, tail light, cracked windshields, speeding, speeding up to beat Yellow Lights, noise, no seat belts, kids not in approved seats, rolling through stop signs..... JUST BEWARE. Also, many communities are installing hidden camera's at intersections to take photos of you running a red, or rolling through a stop sign. From what I found out......these companies offer to install these cameras FOR FREE. They get a percentage of the proceeds for every ticket generated.

So until the economy turns around and government gets more tax dollars.... we're all fair game.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:07 PM
frankjake
Road Master

Sorry this may be a bit off topic but just found out first hand, right from an employee of a local law enforcement agency that they were told start writing tickets for following too close. And this goes for motorcycles.

The topic about bike riders in the staggard position, may be too close and just might be "fair game" also. Well not so sure it's fair.

And this is all because they need more money. Again, this is right from the horses mouth so to speak.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:18 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, FrankJake, I hope he keeps his eyes open for the Cagers who like to crawl up bikers behinds and ride their butts...... and starts writing tickets for that as well.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:34 PM
frankjake
Road Master

Originally Posted by LWOS
Well, FrankJake, I hope he keeps his eyes open for the Cagers who like to crawl up bikers behinds and ride their butts...... and starts writing tickets for that as well.
This was brought up at our local HOG meeting. The person relaying the information was NOT an actual patrolman but an employee in their office.

She is going to ask and report at our next meeting about bikers riding in the staggard position. When she was asked by our members, she didn't know for sure. But she did say all officers were instructed to start writing more tickets for every little offense.

She also said "tailgating" as we all call it carries a $248 fine here.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:59 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Uquackmeup
Only in California...
San Francisco PD just posted this;

May 28, 2009

Subject:
San Francisco Police Announce Press Conference To Kick Off Crackdown On Loud Motorcycle Mufflers

In conjunction with the Board of Supervisors Noise Task Force, the San Francisco Police Department Traffic Division will conduct a press conference on Saturday, May 30, at Jefferson and Hyde streets at 2:00 P.M. to initiate a summer-long motorcycle muffler noise enforcement campaign. The enforcement operation will first focus of the Embarcadero, Fisherman’s Wharf, and Marina District areas.

The enforcement operation will target drivers whose motorcycle mufflers have been modified to increase noise, in violation of Vehicle Code Sections 27150 and 27151. The operation will later target other areas of the city where noise from modified motorcycle mufflers has generated complaints.

Just across the bridge into Oakland, their Police Department just put louder mufflers on all their Harleys because they believe Loud Pipes Save Motor Cops Lives
Same here....but they are targeting the import fart boxes and loud music. there was no talk of bikes. They have taret areas as well and they seem to be by certain high schools and hang outs.

Originally Posted by yso191
What a terrible thing to discover about oneself. Guess i should write myself a ticket to punish my suckiness, then just go to bed.

Hanging my head in shame...

Steve
Geezer and I have been talking about getting together some time, you'll have to join us and maybe we can boost your self esteem.

Old 06-05-2009, 02:07 AM
yso191
Club Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ackman1968
Geezer and I have been talking about getting together some time, you'll have to join us and maybe we can boost your self esteem.
Awesome idea! See, I'm starting to feel better already.

Steve

Old 06-05-2009, 10:05 AM
man4mopar
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

[quote=frankjake;5096254]And this goes for motorcycles.

The topic about bike riders in the staggard position, may be too close and just might be "fair game" also. Well not so sure it's fair.

quote]

The way the law is wrote in MN it wouldn't stick.In MN it is legal to ride side by side (2 per lane) in same lane if both riders agree too. I didn't look for other states.
http://www.amadirectlink.com/legisltn/laws.asp
I do agree with these times they will be looking for more violation ticketing.

Quick Reply: Ticket :-(