Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Slip-On's

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 02:26 AM
pdblues1
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Slip-On's

I know this question has probably been asked about a thousand times but I could really use some help.
I recently installed Rush slip-on's and have been experiencing some popping on decel. Without endng up in the poor house, is there anything I can do to take care of this problem. I've heard about mapping, ECU, saying a prayer and trying vodoo.
Thanks bros

Old 06-03-2009, 03:42 AM
Rauzer
Road Captain

Originally Posted by pdblues1
I know this question has probably been asked about a thousand times but I could really use some help.
I recently installed Rush slip-on's and have been experiencing some popping on decel. Without endng up in the poor house, is there anything I can do to take care of this problem. I've heard about mapping, ECU, saying a prayer and trying vodoo.
Thanks bros
Tune, tune, and tune. SERT, PC3, Fuel Pak, blah blah blah...and maybe praying to Tunare, mother of all, may help..

(lets see who figures that one out...)

Old 06-03-2009, 04:40 AM
meatball64
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you still using the stock air filter? You can remap it but if it's like mine it will still have a little pop when you decelerate.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:14 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Make sure you don't have a leak at the joint where you torqued down the clamps. 1 thing you can buy copper muffler paste remove your slips and apply the paste it should help seal the joint. I hope you didn't twist the header pipes removeing the old slips and perhaps break the header pipe seals, but if you haven't changed air filter a leak will be your most likely cause. If you did change air cleaner then you need a re-map not before!

Easiest thing you can do is call fuelmoto today and they will get you through this!

Old 06-04-2009, 03:36 AM
pdblues1
3rd Gear

I think I'll try the easy way first. I'll pull the mufflers, add some sealant and buy some new clamps.
Thanks for your help.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:26 PM
doublenaughtspy
Tourer

I'm having the same problem. Only notice it when decelerating in gear, and then only when third to second or second to first. Everything is stock except for the slipons.... How much is too much? It's not loud, (not a backfire) but there is definitely a little bit of popping....

Old 06-04-2009, 03:38 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by doublenaughtspy
I'm having the same problem. Only notice it when decelerating in gear, and then only when third to second or second to first. Everything is stock except for the slipons.... How much is too much? It's not loud, (not a backfire) but there is definitely a little bit of popping....
Then you are ok , but check your clamps and make sure they are tight as hell. Alot of guys torque 'em down tight,take it out to get hot,then torque down again.

Old 06-04-2009, 03:51 PM
les63
Tourer

Originally Posted by pdblues1
Thanks bros
Try this Got this from Rush

Remove the 4 bolts that go from muffler to muffler.

Loosen the muffler clamps and remove the stock mufflers.
Put the new mufflers on the same way you took stock off and tighten all hardware. Make sure to look inside the muffler body for day light. If you see daylight then continue to tighten clamp until it’s gone. If you have a torque wrench, tighten to 65 ft/lbs.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions, please drop me another line.

Adam

Old 06-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Gwjvw
Road Warrior

When i had them, they dont pop at all if you have a stage 1 dl and an intake, without i wouldnt know!

Old 06-05-2009, 04:45 AM
pdblues1
3rd Gear

Can you elaborate on the Stage 1 DL and the intake.
Thanks

Quick Reply: New Slip-On's