Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about an 09 SuperGlide Custom???

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 08:46 AM
StanG
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After 12,500 miles on my '08 SuperGlide Custom I still can't wait to take it out for a ride any chance I get.

Old 06-04-2009, 03:16 PM
F_CPT98
Tourer

Thanks for the input everyone...The offer I got is good for 60 days so I am going to try to come up with as much down as I can afford...

Old 06-04-2009, 09:28 PM
OutlawBagger
Road Captain

I LOVE my FXDC. My deal threw in the chrome forward controls free. I got it for 13,400 out the door. It sucks cause now I'm dating a girl that works at the dealer LOL. Maybe I could have gotten a better deal.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:52 PM
2007z71
Tourer

As many has said all the Dyna's are great bikes but for me personally I like all the chrome so I went with an 08 fxdc. I initially went to the dealer shopping for a night train and fell in love with the fxdc (price helped but was not at all deciding factor). If I had it to do over again I would go with the same.

I went on a ride the other day and met a guy riding a cross bones and he said he previously had a Dyna and he missed it dearley but he was upside down on the cross bones so couldnt go back. He said his Dyna was so much more comfortable. I will someday have a street glide but dont ever plan on parting with my dyna.

12999 out the door which I beleive is average.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:59 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

As others have said, don't buy on price. If you can't afford the bike you really want, save until you can or you'll always wish you had. I couldn't afford any of them but my bank could (haha) so I could have gotten any one I wanted. And I did. If I ever get another bike, I won't be trading this one for it. It's a good value (now) but that's just a bonus. It's also probably the most versatile bike "out of the box" as far as coming setup for 2-up already, having a big tank for long distances, etc. Sure, you'll need to add a few things to get exactly what you want but we all pay that "tax" after we buy no matter what model we choose. But with all the detachable stuff out there, you can go from bar-hopper solo mode to road-trip mode in a matter of minutes. Add on a sissy bar, comfy seat, windshield, a nice sissy bar pack or detachable saddle bags and go. Come home, detach all that f'ugly stuff and cruise the streets and backroads. Sure, I'd love a RKC, Street Glide, or even a E-glide for the long road trips but I wouldn't have as much fun cruising those bikes on short fun-runs which is what I do most of the time.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:05 AM
Glydiator
Tourer
Default Things to consider

Hey!
You're gonna love any harley you pick I'm sure.
I ended up with an 07 superglide.

I shopped around and found FXD that was chromed out VERY well, had 3000 miles and was pristine. Got it for 10,400.

Right now on Ebay there are some for under 10k with low miles.

The things I liked about the FXDC vs. the FXD:

1. already has 2 up seat...but, some say it's not that comfy so you may want to change it anyway, and if thats the case, it's not a plus. Actually could be a minus if you want to go to a solo seat later...you wont have one. However, you could get a lil money selling your 2 up stock seat.
2. The speedo!! Take a serious look at this, if you want to change handle bars the FXD is a pain vs. the FXDC.
3. The wheels. personally I prefer the 'mag' wheels on the FXD over the spokes of the FXDC..but that's purely preference...plus the tube issue.

I elected to take the extra money and put it into chroming the mags, and getting any other mods I wanted.

Those chome pieces add up so this was a tough call for me....but i was lucky to find one that was a repo and the guy had done tons to it already...even vance and hines and license plate/turn signals, Willie G. stuff all over, forward controls added... very lucky find. Even had extended warranty til 2013.

you can't go wrong either way....just know that if you don't mind a few thousand miles on one, that there are deals out there waiting....

I think Harley has auctions every month in Indianapolis, and every 6 months in Daytona. If you have a dealer friend, go with him and check it out....

The superglide handles very well and runs great.

I have a friend that just bought a softail standard, with nice balance of black/chome and other mods, it's awesome too.

...so whatever you get, enjoy it and be safe.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:27 AM
dhellyer08
Cruiser

I love my 08FXDC. Bought new last year and now has a little over 14,000 miles. I'm 6'4" so I installed 3" extensions on the forward controlls and streetslammer bars. As far as I'm concerned this is a perfect combination. I'm not to happy with the way the Sundowner seat looks but on a long ride who cares. I just bought a CC Fastback seat with rider backrest but i'm still waiting for that to come in.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:55 AM
F_CPT98
Tourer

Ok...So last night I did a printed out the spec sheets for the SuperGlide Custom and StreetBob....They are basically the same on paper... I could not find much difference at all?
I do like all the chrome [although I could live with or w/o it] on the SuperGlide and the 2 up seat although I was going to change that anyway to one with a detachable back rest
The reason I did this is because I found a dealer in the San Diego area (about 2hrs from me) who has 3 - 08 StreetBobs with 500-3000miles on them priced at 9500-10500...
One thing I do not like on the SB is are the bars, but I'm sure I could change them...Can anyone else tell me what I may not like about them compared to the SuperGlide??

Old 06-05-2009, 09:57 AM
ggadwa
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Thinking about an 09 Super Glide

Really LOVE my 09 DYNA Super Glide Custom. Got is for MSRP and NO other fees whatsover. Good thing because the CUSTOM in Super Glide just means the Customizing is just beginning. I'm still quite happy with the Mid Controls. The Lindby Multibar provides a smooth transition for changing leg positions. The D&D Fat Cats look and sound great. No end to the Customizing....will say it takes a while to get used to all the chrome but then it kinda grows on ya....

GARY

Attached Thumbnails Thinking about an 09 SuperGlide Custom???-p1010040.jpg  
Old 06-05-2009, 11:41 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Glydiator
Hey!
The things I liked about the FXDC vs. the FXD:

1. already has 2 up seat...but, some say it's not that comfy so you may want to change it anyway, and if thats the case, it's not a plus. Actually could be a minus if you want to go to a solo seat later...you wont have one. However, you could get a lil money selling your 2 up stock seat.
2. The speedo!! Take a serious look at this, if you want to change handle bars the FXD is a pain vs. the FXDC.
3. The wheels. personally I prefer the 'mag' wheels on the FXD over the spokes of the FXDC..but that's purely preference...plus the tube issue.
Obviously, the extras on the FXDC have to appeal and/or be useful to you for it to be worth even a dime more. I will say that, in my opinion, it doesn't matter which stock seat your bike comes with, you'll probably want to change it. Mine came with a stock 2-up seat and I picked up a cheap stock dyna solo seat - neither one of them were comfortable for very long. So I switch between the barebones solo and the Tallboy 2-up. I think the rear passenger pegs already being there carries more value than the 2-up vs. solo seat itself.

Good point on the speedo - wasn't an issue I had to deal with.

I agree on the wheels. I like spokes but I like clean spokes and it was just too much of a chore to keep them clean. Had a set of FXD mags chromed at a net cost to me of $600 not including installation and other extras like polished rotors.

Quick Reply: Thinking about an 09 SuperGlide Custom???