Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bagger converting to Dyna?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 03:27 PM
subvetmmcs
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a got a 2009 Street Glide this year but also kept my 03 Wide Glide.
No comparison, two different bikes.
I like my Wide Glide, after driving the Street Glide the wide glide is like a "sport bike"
If you can have two bikes,Get a used one and keep the touring bike for long rides.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:23 AM
pte359
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I rode custom road glide yesterday and I am hooked now. I love my Wide Glide but will have to sell it to buy the R/G. I feel this will be a good upgrade now the wife wants to ride again. The R/G has been lowered 2 ins and has 95 in mill that is bad azz. It is a 99 but only has 17k miles, the factory red paint is flawless.
I would like to post my bike in the classified section but it tells me I have not posted enough yet.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by jaysonL
The Dynas will be similar to your bagger as far as Vibration goes. They are similar in every way comparing the drive line. If you are riding across the country I'd recommend a sundowner or some other type of big cushy seat, especially if you riding two up. My Wide Glide's seat is fine for all day riding, but I'm on the thin side so I can handle most stock seats. I personally think you will love the Wide Glide, I know I do. The only thing I'll complaign about is the super skinny front tire. I will some day have a new set of wheel and a 110, or 120 front tire. The 21" looks awesome, but the skinny 90 tire kinda sucks.
How true. I tested nearly all the '09 baggers and the floor boards vibrated the same as my foot pegs. Maybe a little less vibes came through the seat, but still very much the same. My next bke will be a bagger. I hope to venture further in the future and that touring frame is better suited for this. That being said, my FDX is set up to tour and has done so, and will continue to work fine in this capacity. Due to its lighter weight, it's quicker and easier to maneuver around town, parking lots and the garage.