Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For conversation sakes, your .02 cents

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 10:00 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by extsieg
I have a new 09 FXDL, Stock:
I plan on doing 25% of my riding two up weekend trips with the wife and use as a daily ride to work.
Location LA, (thats Lower Alabama )

If the bike was yours what would be the top three upgrades you would do to it before the pick up from the dealer?

I also dont plan on replacing any parts that are already on the bike. Keeping it stock so in 40 years I can have it in a Mag for Stock ride of the week
V/R
I'm sooo confused. Generally, an "upgrade" will change a part already installed on the bike. Example: exhaust, seat, bars, pegs, etc.

In hindsight, I should have/ would have done the 103" bb kit. Maybe a new seat? Of course, you may want to get the dealer to do a stage 1 on it. Hi flow a/c, download or sert and some new pipes. That will probably set you back about $1100 or so (stage 1).

Old 05-30-2009, 10:21 AM
extsieg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gear

Originally Posted by JohnAE
Agree with all suggestions. I have the solo sundowner and after one ride with my wife on the stock seat I have ordered the sundower pillion for her. We had a sundowner on our sportster and she had no complaints. As mentioned one thing she would like is a short detachable backrest. Something to make her feel more secure about where the back of the seat is but not so high that she can't swing her leg over it. A detachable windsheild will not only make the ride to and from work more enjoyable, esp. in the winter, but will also help keep the massive number of bugs in LA off your uniform. Putting on the screaming eagle air filter and having a remap was worth the money esp. two-up. I can REALY feel the extra torque when we are riding together.

Moving to Alabama. Army or Air Force?
Army

I was thinking along the same lines as many have suggested; seat, backrest, and screen and bags in a few months

Old 05-30-2009, 11:17 AM
cramil
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely look around on the classifieds here (or eBay) for the QD backrest/rack etc. I bought mine before really looking around from the dealer and once you are out the door it will run ~$400. There are many on here selling their lightly used setups because they ended up not using them and you can save some serious money. Same with the windshield, got mine on here for like $150 and they are over $350 from the dealership. Just realize the dealership isn't the only place to get accessories.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:32 AM
Lorance66
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1) the best 2-up seat you can find

2) sissy bar for the ol' lady

3) detachable windshield

not sure I would have the dealer install any of these, you can find better prices on eBay and the classifieds here

Old 05-30-2009, 02:57 PM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by extsieg
Army

I was thinking along the same lines as many have suggested; seat, backrest, and screen and bags in a few months
Yep, good two up seat ( I went with a mustang with driver's backrest), detachable windshield and bags and sissy bar. I can go from two up and bags to solo look in under three mins.

Chief
Stationed in Germany one last time...