Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pics... finally

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009 | 09:07 PM
drnk_n_publick
Road Captain

love the scallops....nice bike man

Old 05-29-2009 | 10:00 PM
Dirtbag
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dawg Rider
Hey, wait a minute. It just hit me that I remember when you first posted your bike a year or more ago, and it was a favorite of mine back then (when it looked much different and much closer to stock). It's even better now.

At least I think that was you...(reshaped your own seat, right?)
yup, that was me! good memory. I did all the rest of the work on the bike myself too, including the paint. The only thing i didnt do was the pinstriping. Thanks for all of the feedback everyone. If anyone has any ideas on what else could be done to the bike, let me know, i'm open for ideas because i am running out of things to do. I still want to lower the rear fender over the tire a little bit and make my own LED taillight with blinkers in it. Did anyone happen to notice my front fender at all? Its a pretty subtle change, but compare it next to a stock front fender and see if you can tell the difference.

Old 05-29-2009 | 11:32 PM
woody69
Cruiser

great looking bike!!!!

Old 05-29-2009 | 11:54 PM
Racemoto644
Cruiser

Killer...thats my kinda bike...

Did you mount the front fender right to the brace? Looks clean and tight.

Old 05-30-2009 | 12:20 AM
SecretAgent
Cruiser

AWESOME bike man! best wide glide i've seen yet. FANTASTIC! seriously bad ***.

Old 05-30-2009 | 12:21 AM
Pablo22
Road Warrior

Nice bike!

Old 05-30-2009 | 12:56 AM
greenyetti
Tourer

very original! great paint, killer scoot, man.

Old 05-30-2009 | 04:44 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member

I like it great job.

Old 05-30-2009 | 06:53 AM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Dirtbag
Did anyone happen to notice my front fender at all? Its a pretty subtle change, but compare it next to a stock front fender and see if you can tell the difference.
Actually, the front fender hugging the tire so close was one of the first things I noticed, but I thought it might be due to the new wheel/tire. I recently lowered mine, so front fenders are probably on my mind...

[Edit: I found an old thread of interest mentioning your bike: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...oard+Favorites]

Last edited by Dawg Rider; 05-30-2009 at 07:05 AM.
Old 05-31-2009 | 11:13 AM
Dirtbag
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dawg Rider
Actually, the front fender hugging the tire so close was one of the first things I noticed, but I thought it might be due to the new wheel/tire. I recently lowered mine, so front fenders are probably on my mind...

[Edit: I found an old thread of interest mentioning your bike: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...oard+Favorites]
It is still the stock fender, but the tire/wheel size didnt change. I actually cut the brace out from underneath the fender. Then I made a bunch of pie cuts in the fender and slowly bent it into a tighter radius to fit the lines of the tire better. There is still at least 1/2 clearance throughout the whole fender to allow rocks and whatnot to pass through. Then I welded up the cuts, slid the fender backwards from the original position, then welded the mounting brackets to the side of the fender. It turned out pretty cool, much better looking in person than in the pics.
Thanks for showing me that link Dawg Rider, I had never seen it before. I'm glad someone has a similar taste for bikes as i do.

Quick Reply: pics... finally