Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sears Yellow Jack & 2007 FXDC Super Glide

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 10:59 AM
rdondes
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 04fxdwgi
I sent out a blurb awhile ago about those "adapters" seperating. The orange part is just doublesided "taped" to the black part and may seperate. Mine did and the bike nearly fell off the jack and would have if the ratchet straps were not on good and tight. Those adapters are pretty cheezy to begin with.

I eliminated the problem by making some (3) "adapters" from Kindorf channel and angle brackets and hard bolting them to the jack itself and lining everything with rubber sheeting. Now the bike frame sits in secure cradles, that can't move or fall apart and frame is kind of captured and locked in place. Far more secure. Really helps when doing stuff on the bike that puts any side force on it while on the jack.

Only needed 3 on the dyna, since the pan gaurd on the frame (which is why adapters are needed in the first place) sits directly on the jack.

If you want, I'll take some pictures and send along with dimmensions.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Thanks! Pictures and dimensions would be great !

Old 05-30-2009, 12:23 PM
Gwjvw
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i was going to tell you what you need but looks like you already know,I have always just done my fluids while on jiffy,works fine! If you can still get your money back on the sears i would,unless you have had it too long etc.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:44 PM
rdondes
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Gwjvw
Well i was going to tell you what you need but looks like you already know,I have always just done my fluids while on jiffy,works fine! If you can still get your money back on the sears i would,unless you have had it too long etc.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
There are certain maintenance tasks that require the bike to be in the air. For example, removing front wheel to replace tire - adjust final drive belt deflection, remove rear wheel to replace tire, etc. etc. So getting rid of my jack is no solution. I will await the photos and dimensions on how to make custom, metal adapters that bolt to my jack's lift rails.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:20 AM
WildBillAce2
Road Master

Believe it or not you don't need anything with that lift. Put on one of the height adapters that came with your lift on the front. Then put the kickstand up and slide the lift under there and line up the front of the lift just in front of the mid controls. The kickstand will even out the bike and will sit on the rear of the lift. Got this from a friend who has one and is an HD tech. It wont hurt your bike but it will mark up your lift a bit.

Don't forget to tie it down or it could slip - don't ask me how I know!

Old 05-31-2009, 01:15 PM
Gwjvw
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by rdondes
-----------------------------------------------------------------
There are certain maintenance tasks that require the bike to be in the air. For example, removing front wheel to replace tire - adjust final drive belt deflection, remove rear wheel to replace tire, etc. etc. So getting rid of my jack is no solution. I will await the photos and dimensions on how to make custom, metal adapters that bolt to my jack's lift rails.
Well took off my rear wheel,and took off my complete front end with just a floor jack,but if you need a lift then ok.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:13 PM
rdondes
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by WildBillAce2
Believe it or not you don't need anything with that lift. Put on one of the height adapters that came with your lift on the front. Then put the kickstand up and slide the lift under there and line up the front of the lift just in front of the mid controls. The kickstand will even out the bike and will sit on the rear of the lift. Got this from a friend who has one and is an HD tech. It wont hurt your bike but it will mark up your lift a bit.

Don't forget to tie it down or it could slip - don't ask me how I know!
__________________________________________________ _________

Wild Bill,

I am not sure I understand. Put one of the height adapters on "the front" - on "the front" of what..? The height adapters are basically lift rails with vertical poles on the bottom that fit in the actual lift rails (but you know that already). Can you be more specific about how and where I position one of the height adapters?

Thanks,
Richard

Old 06-01-2009, 08:43 AM
04fxdwgi
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rdondes
-----------------------------------------------------------
Thanks! Pictures and dimensions would be great !
Well, as promised, but a little late, here are pics and dimensions.

I put these together out of some stuff "laying around" to see if it would work and it does, better than I hoped.

I run the bike up on a 2" x 12" x 8' long, cut into 3 pieces, (and another piece under the sidestand) with the center section in place when bike goes up on ramp, but removed when bike is in place, so only small sections of board are under front and rear tires and side stand. I roll the jack under, align the brackets to the frame and pump away. Bike stands right up, unassisted (but my insecurity makes me hold on to it anyway).

I tested the strength of these things by putting them on my floor jack, one at a time, and jacked up the front axle of my Dodge 1500 4x4 till the front wheel was off the ground, sitting on the bracket. If one will hold that hunk of iron, 3 of em will certainly hold my bike with plenty of safety margine.

The brackets are each bolted to the bike lift with 4 - 3/8" flat head bolts from underneath the lift platform. Didn't want hex bolts to hit the workings underneath. I then "wrapped" rubber sheet around each of the brackets to prevent scratching the bike frame. Works like a charm and bike WILL NOT slide around on the lift. Of course, safety tie downs are a requirements, no matter what.

I know some will say "The jack can only be used on the Dyna now". That's OK and I don't care since I only have a Dyna. Jack was $69.00 new and brackets made from stuff laying around. Works for me......

Attached Thumbnails Sears Yellow Jack & 2007 FXDC Super Glide-jack.jpg   Sears Yellow Jack & 2007 FXDC Super Glide-bracket.jpg  
Old 06-01-2009, 08:47 AM
WildBillAce2
Road Master

Sorry, front meaning "forward", so there is a height adapter going across the frame (perpendicular to the frame tubes) just in front of the mid controls. Pull the height adapter from the rear position. The kickstand on the left and the oil pan protector on the right will offset the "forward height adapter". I'll take a couple of pics later today.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:55 AM
gregbenner
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Pics would be great. I wonder if Sears changed the heigth adaptors? Mine came with them, but they only attach to the right or left side of the jack, no way I could see to attach one across the jack's frame rails (I tried but they don't line up with the holes)?

Originally Posted by WildBillAce2
Sorry, front meaning "forward", so there is a height adapter going across the frame (perpendicular to the frame tubes) just in front of the mid controls. Pull the height adapter from the rear position. The kickstand on the left and the oil pan protector on the right will offset the "forward height adapter". I'll take a couple of pics later today.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:49 PM
rdondes
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by gregbenner
Pics would be great. I wonder if Sears changed the heigth adaptors? Mine came with them, but they only attach to the right or left side of the jack, no way I could see to attach one across the jack's frame rails (I tried but they don't line up with the holes)?
------------------------------------------------------------

Same for me with the Sears Yellow jack - the height adapters do not fit the height adapter mounting holes when oriented at 90 degrees to the jack's lift rails.

Richard

Quick Reply: Sears Yellow Jack & 2007 FXDC Super Glide