Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

96" hot restart

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009 | 08:45 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by madden23
Hot start for me, bike in neutral, flip run switch, immediately hit starter, always starts right up no problems. When a used to wait for lights to go out( which I still do for cold starts) the hot start would be labored and would take a couple of tries. Works for me.
Isn't this hard on the fuel pump? Anyone here have one go out?

Old 05-27-2009 | 09:58 AM
recon_sct
Advanced

Ok, I know when you hit the run switch that the fuel pump kicks on and fills the lines. But what is happening while the engine light remains on? Or is it just a light going out after the fuel pump kicks off?

Old 05-27-2009 | 10:48 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by madden23
Hot start for me, bike in neutral, flip run switch, immediately hit starter, always starts right up no problems. When a used to wait for lights to go out( which I still do for cold starts) the hot start would be labored and would take a couple of tries. Works for me.
I heard this in another post and I've been doing it ever since. Fire it up while the pump is still priming. Last weekend I left run on till the fuel pump cut out then tried starting it and it took probably about 5 second to finally start. I went back to hitting it when the pump is priming and it fires up first shot everytime.

Old 05-27-2009 | 11:40 AM
Ky Windage
Cruiser

My starting routine changed after installing the PC-V.
Prior to the PC-V, I would wait for the engine light to go out, and it would start normally.

After the PC-V, I tried waiting for the engine light to go off and the engine would crank & crank & crank before catching.
I read on hear that with the PC-V, you have to hit the start right away.
So now, I hit the start button right away and it fires right up.
Has something to do with the signal to the PC-V or something along those lines.

Besides, if you had just ran the bike a few mins ago (say stopped at a gas station), the fuel system should still be pressurized anyway.
Remaining pressurized was an experience I had with my car... but I won't go into that.

Old 05-27-2009 | 12:26 PM
Wrongturn
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Ky Windage
My starting routine changed after installing the PC-V.
Prior to the PC-V, I would wait for the engine light to go out, and it would start normally.

After the PC-V, I tried waiting for the engine light to go off and the engine would crank & crank & crank before catching.
I read on hear that with the PC-V, you have to hit the start right away.
So now, I hit the start button right away and it fires right up.
Has something to do with the signal to the PC-V or something along those lines.

Besides, if you had just ran the bike a few mins ago (say stopped at a gas station), the fuel system should still be pressurized anyway.
Remaining pressurized was an experience I had with my car... but I won't go into that.
+1
I was about to go into a spill about startup b4 and after PCV install but Ky hit it right on the button. B4 PCV, i waited for light to go out and bike started fine. After PCV, the bike simply needs to be started b4 the light goes out unless i want a series of cranks