Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 vs 07 EFI differences?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 12:15 AM
jstreet0204
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rounder
Ask them... If they are a company that has not updated since 06... well duh... you really gonna buy their product...
They stopped selling this model directly to allow other venders to put their label on it and sell it. That's why it hasn't been updated since 06. If you buy an Arlen Ness big shot fuel tuner it is the exact same model.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:36 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jstreet0204
They stopped selling this model directly to allow other venders to put their label on it and sell it. That's why it hasn't been updated since 06. If you buy an Arlen Ness big shot fuel tuner it is the exact same model.
or just another example of garbage and a consumer justifying their purchase of said garbage.

Old 05-23-2009, 02:14 AM
Mechano
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That model will work on your bike. I have the same model on my 08.

What about your performance and mileage?
Is it better than a pot based fueler?

Old 05-23-2009, 09:34 AM
jstreet0204
Road Master

or just another example of garbage and a consumer justifying their purchase of said garbage.
Says the guys who runs a turbonator(xwing) in his throttle body...

You are entitled to your opinion, but seing as how you have no experience with the product what value have you added here? The guy wanted to know if it would work on his bike. The only person so far that chimed in that could actually answer his question was me.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:56 AM
jstreet0204
Road Master

Originally Posted by Mechano
What about your performance and mileage?
Is it better than a pot based fueler?
The product is what it is... It isn't a full fledged tuner like a sert. It is only an enricher. You can not take away fuel over the stock settings only add it, which if you have added exhaust or intake mods that is all you'd want. So as far as mileage, if you leave the cruise range at the stock settings mileage should not change much from stock. Most people enrichen cruise to deal with heat though so if you do that expect mileage to suffer. As far as performance if you put it on a dyno and dialed it in you could expect some gains, but to get optimum performance dialing it in is a combination of the right fuel mixture and spark timing. This device will not adjust timing so if your looking to squeeze every bit of power out of the bike this isn't what you want. This device is fine if you just want some assurance to keep it from running lean in open loop.

As far as if it is better than the pot based devices, this one has two extra harnesses that go to the o2 sensors. It modifies the o2 sensor voltage so that the stock computer doesn't try correct for the extra fuel being added. I think the pot based device just has o2 eliminators. It also makes it easier to set since you don't need a screw driver.

Also don't get too caught up in the "Load based" hype. Any device that piggy backs on the stock ecu is load based. All this device does is intercept the signal going to the injectors and modify it to increase the pulse width on the injectors, then in turn modifies the signal coming from the o2's to keep the ecu from trying to correct the richer condition in closed loop.

Old 05-23-2009, 03:08 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

Says the guys who runs a turbonator(xwing) in his throttle body...
nope have no throttle body or turbonator. Turbonator did the exact opposite of the boyesen x-wing. Still have a hard time trusting a product if their info is not up to date... Sure it may work fine for what it is or it may not.

Last edited by rounder; 05-23-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:47 PM
jstreet0204
Road Master

nope have no throttle body or turbonator. Turbonator did the exact opposite of the boyesen x-wing. Still have a hard time trusting a product if their info is not up to date... Sure it may work fine for what it is or it may not.
you have no throttle body? ok... your knowledge of fuel injection leaves a little to be desired.
if you don't trust it don't buy it but calling the product garbage or insulting my intelligence for buying it is laughable at best.

Last edited by jstreet0204; 05-23-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:12 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

you have no throttle body? Ok... Your knowledge of fuel injection leaves a little to be desired.
If you don't trust it don't buy it but calling the product garbage or insulting my intelligence for buying it is laughable at best.
we're talking about fuel injection? oh oops

Man I gotta stop screwing around...

going into truthful mode....buy a sert or tts mastertune. More expensive route, yet the best thing to do. the stock fuel map is not really the best situation for performance out of your bike. Sure this thing adds fuel, but, your still on the stock map. What advantage is being on the stock map. there are timing advancements and rpm limits that should be adjusted to see better gains in your performance that this fueler will not address.
Even if you think you're bike is running fine(so it seems), a dyno could prove that you are at a significant disadvantage running this system over the more proven sert or TTS.
Jstreet I did not mean to make you feel like I was insulting your intelligence(very drunk last night and was just having fun)
Of course I have a throttle body on my carb and I know(due to dyno) that the boyesen x-wing works . My favorite part of the x-wing is the much improved throttle response. I can't really notice a couple extra hp and torque, but, I can notice how much more responsive the throttle is. Well worth it. Can you say the same about this fueler system. Can you back up what it did with dyno #'s? Do you have proof that it really is worth the money over a sert or tts. I believe you said yourself this product is what it is. It is an inferior fuel management device.

Last edited by rounder; 05-23-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:42 PM
jstreet0204
Road Master

we're talking about fuel injection? oh oops

Man I gotta stop screwing around...

going into truthful mode....buy a sert or tts mastertune. More expensive route, yet the best thing to do. the stock fuel map is not really the best situation for performance out of your bike. Sure this thing adds fuel, but, your still on the stock map. What advantage is being on the stock map. there are timing advancements and rpm limits that should be adjusted to see better gains in your performance that this fueler will not address.
Even if you think you're bike is running fine(so it seems), a dyno could prove that you are at a significant disadvantage running this system over the more proven sert or TTS.
Jstreet I did not mean to make you feel like I was insulting your intelligence(very drunk last night and was just having fun)
Of course I have a throttle body on my carb and I know(due to dyno) that the boyesen x-wing works . My favorite part of the x-wing is the much improved throttle response. I can't really notice a couple extra hp and torque, but, I can notice how much more responsive the throttle is. Well worth it. Can you say the same about this fueler system. Can you back up what it did with dyno #'s? Do you have proof that it really is worth the money over a sert or tts. I believe you said yourself this product is what it is. It is an inferior fuel management device.
Are TTS and SERT superior tuning devices? of course. Is it the best thing to get? That all depends on your goals. Most people will never do anything more than a/c and pipes. Some may justify that the 5 to 10 hp you leave on the table with a fueler is worth the $800 more. I personally do not see it. Its easy for you to sit there with a carb and spend other peoples money . If I wanted something fast I wouldn't have bought a harley. "Go fast" money goes into my mustang. I've been tuning fuel injection for years. I have thousands invested in tuning equiptment, wide band o2 sensors, etc. I know the value of a tuner when trying to squeeze every bit out of an engine. That was not the goal for my bike, nor is it the goal for the majority of people on here. Most just want a safe tune, less heat, and good drivability. For the $150 I spent on the TFI it does all of that. And why would I back it up with dyno #'s dyno numbers? Dyno #'s weren't the goal. I can tell you that I can enrichen it to the point of blowing black smoke out the tail pipe so I know it is doing its job as an enricher.

I'm not here to get in a pissing match with you, just answering this guys questions. If his goals are to squeeze every bit of power out or plans on any internal engine work later on he should follow your advice and get a tuner that will allow adjuments for VE adjustments.