Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tues nite ride

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 11:10 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Also...they had a dyno available. $20 for two runs. I figured now was as good a time as any to get a baseline. I was told the bike was just a hair under 72hp. Tq numbers were not part of the run. Specs:stock 96", stage 1 a/c, thunderheader 2-1 exhaust. I kind of expected just a hair more hp. Was hoping for closer to 75-76. Either way it's a baseline for when I do my cams.

I did miss winning the top speed competition by .5mph.....topped out at 151 and change mph.

The guy who won highest HP was on an 08/09 SE Dyna....90hp. He had the copper paint scheme. Or rust. depends how you look at it. I bet if he got into that motor he could get another 20 out of it. Cams, and some good heads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Di6kpXT_r0

Last edited by SC-Longhair; 05-21-2009 at 12:25 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:09 AM
jcopel
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was damn hoot! If any of you are close by or travelling near the area this summer, stop off in Greenville, SC for a Wednesday night. They're gonna do it every week all summer long. Building a permanent stage between the Harley Shop and the restaurant. I was pretty amazed at how many people showed up and how much room they actually have. A good time had by all!

See you next Wednesday, Vic.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:28 AM
Gary7
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought you guys were going to the Charlotte Quaker Steak? Hell, if I'd known you were going to Greenville I could have met up with you.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:23 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Originally Posted by Gary7
I thought you guys were going to the Charlotte Quaker Steak? Hell, if I'd known you were going to Greenville I could have met up with you.
That'll teach you to think. lol I'm going to pencil it in for next week. You do the same. I wish there was a big bike night where I live. I'm seriously thinking about putting one together out there. Small country town...outdoor music...alcohol...loud motorcycles and maybe some scantilly clad women which we'd have to import from who knows where.

Here is a couple more of my friend in yellow:

Last edited by SC-Longhair; 05-21-2009 at 08:29 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:37 AM
Gary7
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
That'll teach you to think. lol
You did say earlier in this thread you were going to Charlotte. I didn't see any posts after that changing it to Greenville.

Looks like it was a blast. I'll try to make it next week, if the weather cooperates. Weather this week has been phenomenally good for bike riding.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:55 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

I've been wanting to check out the charlotte quaker steak. Heard they have agood bike night. Ever been? It's right near the speedway.
No, I don't get up to Charlotte much. The Greenville Quaker Steak was setting up for their Bike Night when I was at the dealer having my floating rotor installed and it looked like it was going to be pretty big. Stage with a band in the Harley parking lot. Dyno for "dyno shootouts." Ribs, beer. You name it...
I actually started mapping the ride out. If I can sneak out of work early today, I may go. It's a 90-100mi / 2hr ride from my location in Winnsboro. Wanna meet me up there?
You did say earlier in this thread you were going to Charlotte. I didn't see any posts after that changing it to Greenville.

Looks like it was a blast. I'll try to make it next week, if the weather cooperates. Weather this week has been phenomenally good for bike riding.
Actually I didn't say I was going to Charlotte but the flow of the conversation would have led you (or anyone) to believe that. My bad, I didn't clarify my destination. No big deal.

Ok. Pencil in "Vic @ Greenville bike night" for next wed. lol

Old 05-21-2009, 09:04 AM
Gary7
Road Warrior

Actually I didn't say I was going to Charlotte but the flow of the conversation would have led you (or anyone) to believe that. My bad, I didn't clarify my destination. No big deal.

Ok. Pencil in "Vic @ Greenville bike night" for next wed. lol
If jcopel comes I'll challenge him to a dyno shoot out. We both have stock Super Glides, but I've got my custom-baffled Street Bob mufflers so it should be interesting to see if there is any difference. (I think he's still got the stock muffs on his bike. )

Old 05-21-2009, 09:06 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

If jcopel comes I'll challenge him to a dyno shoot out. We both have stock Super Glides, but I've got my custom-baffled Street Bob mufflers so it should be interesting to see if there is any difference. (I think he's still got the stock muffs on his bike. )
Ehh, he has rush 1.75's. You may beat him though because he has a smudge mark on one of them. Lol

Although, from this photo, it looks like he has Rush 36's.

Last edited by SC-Longhair; 05-21-2009 at 09:09 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:19 AM
Gary7
Road Warrior

Ehh, he has rush 1.75's. You may beat him though because he has a smudge mark on one of them. Lol

Although, from this photo, it looks like he has Rush 36's.

Rush 1.75, eh? That will still be an interesting comparison, from a dyno and sound standpoint.

I don't see any guys in that photo...

How come they didn't have any decent beer for sale? No Sam Adams? The American beer not offered at a Harley bike nite? Blasphemy!

Old 05-21-2009, 09:31 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

I asked about budweiser products and the girl said that Miller was the sponsor so no bud products could be outside. "You" were more than welcome to go inside and buy you favorite flavor.

Quick Reply: Tues nite ride