Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flat tire

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009 | 10:22 PM
Paul G
|
Advanced
Default Flat tire

Luckily we were going very slow when the bike started to feel a little funny. I really noticed it when we made a left turn. My front tire went flat! Never had a tire go flat during a ride before.

Tonight after work I called the local Harley dealer for a price on a set of tires. He tells me that they do not work on bikes more than 10 years old any longer. Can you believe that!

He did give me the phone number "of a guy" that can work on it for me.

Last edited by Paul G; 05-18-2009 at 10:28 PM.
Old 05-18-2009 | 10:26 PM
ratt196635
Road Master

Originally Posted by Paul G
Luckily we were going very slow when the bike started to feel a little funny. I really noticed it when we made a left turn. My front tire went flat! Never had a tire go flat during a ride before.

Tonight after work I called the local Harley dealer for a price on a set of tires. He tells me that they do not work on bikes more than 10 years old any longer. Can you believe that!

cant believe they wont change a tire just because it an older bike.

Old 05-18-2009 | 10:40 PM
frankjake
Road Master

Guess they aren't hurting enough for business yet. Before too long the owner of that dealer will be looking back wishing he had offered proper customer service. Which dealer was that? Make sure I don't stop and buy a tee shirt.

Old 05-18-2009 | 10:59 PM
06dynablack
Road Warrior

he did you a favor.

Old 05-18-2009 | 11:02 PM
greenyetti
Tourer

That's a new one the stealer actualy turning away money.
Glad to hear your flat happened at low speed. Coulda been worse

Old 05-19-2009 | 12:30 AM
Rakthi
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 06dynablack
he did you a favor.
+1 on that! The independent will work better and cheaper.

Old 05-19-2009 | 09:41 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

You could pull the wheels yourself then bring them to any shop and have tires mounted and balanced. Save yourself some labor.

Old 05-19-2009 | 09:51 AM
tlb
Elite HDF Member

If you order the tire online, make sure your local indy will mount it first. One of them here would not mount a tire not purchased from him.
I hear lots of Dealers will not work on bikes over 10 years old. I agree he did you a favor. You now get to find a shop that will be familiar with your year model bike.

Old 05-19-2009 | 06:37 PM
Paul G
|
Advanced

I called the guy. He said he would install the tires for $350 or less depending on the cost of the tires. He said labor would be $100. I asked if he would recomend going with a 140 on the back. He said it should fit, no problem. I guess he would use the Dunlop Harley tires.

Old 05-19-2009 | 06:45 PM
frankjake
Road Master

I called the guy. He said he would install the tires for $350 or less depending on the cost of the tires. He said labor would be $100. I asked if he would recomend going with a 140 on the back. He said it should fit, no problem. I guess he would use the Dunlop Harley tires.
you need to check around for other prices. I didn't pay that much for my v-rod 240 rear high performance tire installed.

Quick Reply: Flat tire