Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D&D FatCat EVAL on a FXD

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 01:39 PM
jarhead45
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default D&D FatCat EVAL on a FXD

Well I have had these on and riding just around town - to and from work. They are better than my Pythons for sure. Dont get me wrong the Pythons are a good pipe, just not as good as the fatcat's.
They pull so much stonger and smoother. I had to bust out my laptop and double check my Speedo calibration. I was doing 50 when I thought I was doing 35. The bike just pulls alot harder and runs alot smoother. Still have a funky smell, so the muffler is still burning in. There is a weird "ting" coming out the back and the throttle seems a little more sensative, which is strange. But with the quiet baffle you can actually talk to people next to you. The Pythons - no way, they are prolly the loudest pipe out there. But performance wise, this was a very good switch. I still love ThunderHeaders but I can honestly say your $ would not be wasted on these pipes. Heat shields are xtra on the TH where they are stock on the fatcats. Basically - I like this pipe, sound wise - it is still getting there. But once they blow out I expect great sound.
If I could just work out my handlebar situation as easily as I did with this exhaust system.

Old 05-18-2009, 01:45 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

like mine very much too... I blacked it out about 2 weeks ago. Looks good and performs excellent.

Old 05-18-2009, 01:49 PM
jarhead45
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya .. I bought the black one to begin with, Knew I was going that way and waited till I found one.

Old 05-18-2009, 03:02 PM
JerseyDevil
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Qiuet baffle is breaking in quite nicely and is sounding real good after about 600 miles on the new pipe. Bike runs and pulls so much better than when I had the SEII's.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:07 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Awesome. I'm really liking this D&D pipe more and more. Looks great! I'm curious to hear how it sounds.. one of you guys should post a sound clip!

Old 05-18-2009, 09:14 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
My Qiuet baffle is breaking in quite nicely and is sounding real good after about 600 miles on the new pipe. Bike runs and pulls so much better than when I had the SEII's.
+1

Big difference over the SE slip ons I had. I am probally got around 1500 miles on mine so far and love the sound. I like that its not overly loud when just cruising.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:02 AM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AdrianVall
Awesome. I'm really liking this D&D pipe more and more. Looks great! I'm curious to hear how it sounds.. one of you guys should post a sound clip!
Okay, another gratuitous chance to post them.
The tiny microphone on my timy camera does not do justice to the actual sound of the mighty pipes.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLOqh...e=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trtxe...eature=channel

Old 05-19-2009, 12:09 AM
owleyes
Cruiser

Very nice sound...thanks for the sound clips.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:58 AM
WickedNite08
Novice

When making the switch from SEII slip ons to the D&D, did you have to make any other Tune adjustments? I have a heavy breather air filter the Dealer chip burn download and SEII slip on mufflers. Thinking of a change . Thanks , Tim BTW the Bike is a 09 fatbob

Old 05-19-2009, 01:07 AM
FXDFan
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Think the D&D would outperform the V&H I (and about every other Fat Bob owner has) currently run?

Quick Reply: D&D FatCat EVAL on a FXD