Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with bct's in thier sideshots?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 05:15 PM
Gwjvw
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone with bct's in thier sideshots?

Was wondering how loud some vh sideshots are with some bct's? Yep im back to thinking about.................

Old 05-17-2009, 08:53 PM
SH_01FXDWG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The side shots on there own are load. I wanted to see how the bct's would change the exhaust tone. So I ordered up some of the original bct's not the QQ's. Sure enough, the side shots have a deeper tone to them. They were also even louder. For my taste it was a bit much, especially after extended riding time. So, before forking out more cash for the QQ version, I tried my own trick. I cut the original v&h baffles in half and installed a section a long with the bct's. See the picture. My tc88 is carberated and was tuned on a dyno with cycle shack pipes. It ran great. After I installed the side shots I had some popping. Even after the bct's I had some popping. Once I did the above described trick I have almost no popping. The power is there, I can feel the throttle responce better. In the future I still may trying out the QQ series bct's, but for now I'm keeping it this way. Also, ktm_scott has them too. I never saw any post about his thoughts on them though.

Hope this helps! Skip

Old 05-17-2009, 08:57 PM
SH_01FXDWG
Road Master

Whoops forgot the picture. Evan though the pic example only shows over one pipe, I did both.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone with bct's in thier sideshots?-baffle_trick.jpg  
Old 05-17-2009, 11:38 PM
Gwjvw
Road Warrior

Great post thanks,,i was also thinking of welding up the power chamber too!Make it disappear.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:46 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,950 Likes on 1,934 Posts

Welding up the power chamber is going to give you less power...

Old 05-18-2009, 12:22 AM
SH_01FXDWG
Road Master

Originally Posted by Gwjvw
i was also thinking of welding up the power chamber too!Make it disappear.
Nah! I don't think you need to go to that extreme. If you so, then you might as well just get a set of short shots or something along that style. Just one more thing too. Big City Thunder recommends their baffles be installed 6 inches deep into pipe for best results. Were I have mine now, puts them just over 6 inches. I was concerned about the different distances from the baffles to the chamber. I sent bct a pic and they emailed me back saying that was a perfect install and it will not affect the balancing of cylinder pressure. I have been following you threads now for awhile. I know your looking for sound. I can truthfully say that when I'm cruising down the freeway, outside of the wind blowing through my 3/4 helmet I can hear the pipes. Turn my head a little and they sound awesome. A few weeks back I went zooming past some buddies of mine who were in the slow lane. I was in the fast. They told me that they heard me coming and going. They thought I was running just straight pipes. And this was after my mods. I wish I had a good video camera to get a good video of the pipes. My blackberry just does not cut it.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:37 PM
Gwjvw
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by HarleyGoodies
Welding up the power chamber is going to give you less power...
Ya but more noise!

Old 05-18-2009, 05:39 PM
Gwjvw
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SH_01FXDWG
Nah! I don't think you need to go to that extreme. If you so, then you might as well just get a set of short shots or something along that style. Just one more thing too. Big City Thunder recommends their baffles be installed 6 inches deep into pipe for best results. Were I have mine now, puts them just over 6 inches. I was concerned about the different distances from the baffles to the chamber. I sent bct a pic and they emailed me back saying that was a perfect install and it will not affect the balancing of cylinder pressure. I have been following you threads now for awhile. I know your looking for sound. I can truthfully say that when I'm cruising down the freeway, outside of the wind blowing through my 3/4 helmet I can hear the pipes. Turn my head a little and they sound awesome. A few weeks back I went zooming past some buddies of mine who were in the slow lane. I was in the fast. They told me that they heard me coming and going. They thought I was running just straight pipes. And this was after my mods. I wish I had a good video camera to get a good video of the pipes. My blackberry just does not cut it.
Ya but i like the look of the sideshots over the ss. Ya my bct's are about 4 1/2 inches to the lollypop! Wonder if i put them in a few more inches if the tone would be any deeper and worth the time to make new holes and cover up the stock holes!

Old 05-18-2009, 05:47 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,950 Likes on 1,934 Posts

The SS are quite loud already. I had them on my fatboy and had complaints about the volume level. If you got the skills though, might was well hook it up how you want it.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:07 PM
paul s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o...cture094-1.flv

Last edited by paul s; 05-18-2009 at 06:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone with bct's in thier sideshots?