Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone riding a stock Harley and liking it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 06:59 AM
YourOldDog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone riding a stock Harley and liking it?

Anybody actually ride a stock Harley? Windshields, foot pegs, luggage racks and forward controls excepted. More interested in who has stock pipes, seats, handle bars and such.

I feel look a wuss riding a stock 07 Dyna Bobber AND LIKING IT

Color me weird but I like the bike right out of the crate but admit I have to deal with the wind buffeting and extended controls in the future.

Last edited by YourOldDog; 05-17-2009 at 07:02 AM.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:03 AM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I ride with serveral guys who are riding almost stock bikes. They all do atleast have slip-ons though.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:07 AM
expy
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My bike is very much stock and I like it just fine.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:12 AM
VTL nut
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by YourOldDog
Anybody actually ride a stock Harley? Windshields, foot pegs, luggage racks and forward controls excepted. More interested in who has stock pipes, seats, handle bars and such.

I feel look a wuss riding a stock 07 Dyna Bobber AND LIKING IT

Color me weird but I like the bike right out of the crate but admit I have to deal with the wind buffeting and extended controls in the future.
General consensus seems to be ride em stock for a while, get used to them, then go banzia. I am @ 2 months, 1200 miles, and am lovin it o.e.m.
Coming from a smaller bike, so time will tell........

Old 05-17-2009, 07:13 AM
Squee
Cruiser

No major mods done to mine. I think it has plenty of power as it is and I don't care to make my pipes louder. I have a sundowner for those long rides but the stock seat is almost always on. I have a few additions: highway pegs, passenger set up and HD bags, but thats it.

The only major changes I want for my bike still, is better handling for some aggressive turns. Other than that I love my bike the way it is.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:19 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I have never ridden (stage 1 before purchase) this bike stock. I have ridden other stock models and I would do the same thing I did with mine.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:27 AM
jblank37
Road Captain

I am another that loves riding my stock Super Glide. After trading my Sportster, which had the stage 1 along with Rinehart slip-on's, I found out that I was not quite as happy as I thought I would be. It did not seem to run as good as it did when it was stock. I also did not like it being as loud as it was. I know that a lot of this could be from me being almost 72 years old. The only mods that I have done to the Super Glide is a Motherwell luggage rack, lay down plate holder and modified my hand grips. I love it this way and have no intentions of changing as for the running of it.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:42 AM
biggdog747
Advanced

other than slipons and bags everything is stock on my 08 fxdl. but that is not how i want it but i dont have the money at this point in time to do anything else. i bought it last fall and only got about 1500 miles on it before the michigan winter kicked in. then in jan my wife lost her job so all the winter mods and the little things i was thinking about doing are out the window. now im just trying to pay the bills.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:48 AM
Dombow77
Tourer

I have an 06 Street Bob, and have gone over 13k in the stock form. Seat and all. I have done 300 mile days in the stock seat and find it to be fine. I do not need the load pipes, most of the guys I ride with have pipes and just riding in the group gets my ears ringing. So i am happy with the stock sound.

Dombow77

Old 05-17-2009, 07:54 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

John 72 wow . I salute you man.

Quick Reply: Anyone riding a stock Harley and liking it?