Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone riding a stock Harley and liking it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 11:30 AM
scampman_73
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i ride a stock superglide (minus seat) and enjoy it for the most part. only a couple things really bother me.. i hate the handlebars they are in a very awkward position so they are on there way out, and the mid controls are a bit over rated, so i shift with my heel from the highway pegs. pipes will come someday, but i'm not going to hold my breath. other than that i love my bike

Old 05-17-2009, 11:43 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I rode my fatbob for 8000 miles before doing stage 1,sure it's got a little more oomff but Ifind myself taking it easier because now the law can hear me coming if I'm givin' her in town or on the highway! I almost wish i had spent the money on suspension and traction instead. I was happy with it stock! Today I'm reading about guys with head work and cams and my alter ego is thinking mmmmmm.... more power mwahhahahahahaha! It really is too addictive but I'm in the eddy now!

Old 05-17-2009, 12:21 PM
883 IRON
Tourer

Originally Posted by scampman_73
i ride a stock superglide (minus seat) and enjoy it for the most part. only a couple things really bother me.. i hate the handlebars they are in a very awkward position so they are on there way out, and the mid controls are a bit over rated, so i shift with my heel from the highway pegs. pipes will come someday, but i'm not going to hold my breath. other than that i love my bike
Good points. The mids just didn't work for me either, and I shifted with my heel from highway pegs for awhile but decided to try forwards and see how that worked, well the bike really transformed and got so much more comfortable to ride

MyBeerBellyi rode mine stock for about 100 miles...problem with upgrading is that it is very very contagious...there needs to be a support group for dynaholics...someone to talk us dowm from the $ upgrades
J

Exactly

Old 05-17-2009, 01:00 PM
Free Spirit
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My 07 FXDC is all stock, but I just got it a week ago. I don't mind it, but I'll eventually get slip ons. The bike is just too quiet for me.

Old 05-17-2009, 01:46 PM
billycouldride
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i picked up my FXDC about two weeks ago. prior to picking it up i was close to having them do slip-ons, chip & air intake (like i did with my sporty prior) but decided against doing that.

after riding it for a couple of weeks, i am glad i didnt make the swap prior to picking up the bike. i like the way it sounds stock, and am not so certain about making the change now at all.

i have done some little things to the bike, but dont plan on doing anything major to this one. only thing i am lookiing forward to doing for now is swapping out the headlight with a nice chrome billet one in the not too distant future.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:09 PM
YourOldDog
Cruiser

Thanks guys, you made me feel normal and not like a wuss anymore

Once the wind buffeting and forward control issues are dealt with I'll be content to ride my bobber as it is, pretty much stock. I got no problem with the power she has while I got my legs wrapped around those big jugs and let her goose me down the highway. I love the gear ratio on my 6 speed, seems from no matter what gear I'm in she's ready to shove me along some more if I just throttle her up a tad. The sound works for me also as I don't care much for the staccato crack sound but prefer the big water muted boat sound better. If I could get it to sound like a 8 cylinder radial airplane engine I might change pipes for that sound !

While I won't be making many changes I love to read about all the changes you other guys are making and please keep posting pics. I'd post pics of mine but ain't nothing special about it except it's my name on the title and not the banks

Here comes the sun, time to mount up and go break some wind.

Last edited by YourOldDog; 05-17-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not sure it's because your almost 72 years old. I'm almost 72 too and love making the bike mine. Never have left one stock. No sense in me starting now.

Originally Posted by jblank37
I am another that loves riding my stock Super Glide. After trading my Sportster, which had the stage 1 along with Rinehart slip-on's, I found out that I was not quite as happy as I thought I would be. It did not seem to run as good as it did when it was stock. I also did not like it being as loud as it was. I know that a lot of this could be from me being almost 72 years old. The only mods that I have done to the Super Glide is a Motherwell luggage rack, lay down plate holder and modified my hand grips. I love it this way and have no intentions of changing as for the running of it.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:40 PM
daBreeze
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by YourOldDog

but prefer the big water muted boat sound better. .
YOD- I kinda like that sound too,lol, just not on my scoot!

Old 05-17-2009, 05:34 PM
NHNightster
Cruiser

I’m running completely stock and intend on leaving it that way. I bought it because I liked the way it looked and my opinion hasn’t changed.

Also, I have it bad for cycling so any money that I would put into my Street Bob goes into one of my bikes.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:19 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I added slip ons, pegs, grips, and sissy bar. Other than that it's stock. I had plans for some more mods, but between the economy, and my ex wife I don't have much left at the end of the month.

Quick Reply: Anyone riding a stock Harley and liking it?