Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlemen Tailbag - Anyone Have One?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 08:34 PM
JFjeld
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saddlemen Tailbag - Anyone Have One?

Looking at the Saddlemen SaddleStow tail bag for short trips. I don't have saddle bags or anything, and I want something that I can take on and off. Here's the link:

http://www.saddlemen.com/store/index...oducts_id=7099

Anybody have any experience with this type of bag? How well does it stay in place? Post pictures on your bike if you've got.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:46 AM
YourOldDog
Cruiser

I hope you get some feedback. It looks really nice and affordable for someone who doesn't want to live on the road. Would be viable answer for occasional longer rides for me. BUT, your question of how well does it stay in place needs an answer before I spring for one. I wonder how the overhang works with the wind currents?

Old 05-17-2009, 02:44 PM
dmftoy1
Tourer

I have one of the Saddleman 3500 cu. inch sissy bar bags and it's pretty nice. I can fit the tent, sleeping bag, first aid kit and rain gear in it no problem. I've only had it on for a couple of hundred miles so far and it stayed in place well, but it's got straps that hold it to the sissy bar. We're headed out to cruise around Lake Michigan in a few weeks so I'll let you know after that.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:25 PM
dmftoy1
Tourer

The bag worked like a champ. There are two staps in the bag that have a male connector and a "loop". Those connect to the bottom of the bag and through the holes on the sideplates. The only other connector I used other than the part that goes over the sissy bar was running one strap from the top "big" D-ring down through the space below the sissy bar.

There's NO WAY that bag was going ANYWHERE!!

We just did 1384 miles in 2.5 days and the bag went on/off really easily, never shifted or moved a bit. I was amazed at how much pressure I could put on it with my back to stretch and get my butt off the seat and didn't move a bit . it was like having a giant sissy bar right behind the drivers seat. (I had it mounted on the passenger seat.)

The rain bag came in really handy today as it was looking really dark when we left Marquette MI, and the bag covered both the add'on roll bag and the regular bag and strapped down nice and tight. one nice thing is that they leather straps holding the pockets closed really seemed to get easier to use the more I used it. When we first started out they were REALLY REALLY stiff.

Just my .02

Regards,
Dave